www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: anyone know anything about apc sales and marine services in marion

Default anyone know anything about apc sales and marine services in marion

well i finally got my motor back from apc sales in marion, i wanted to take my motor to harrisons on cambria road, or kinkaid marina, but at kinkaid all i got was a generic answering machine, and harrisons was backed up for 6 days. so i took it to apc, i wasnt getting spark to my #2 cylinder on my 96 6hp evinrude, i suspected it was the coil pack, or ignition coil or whatever the term is for the box with 4 prongs on it that sends the spark to the plug wire......... my repair order says they changed the coil, but it looks like the same damn one that was on there in the first place, dusty and everything. sure enough after being out on kinkaid for a while the #2 cylinder drops again. right before it went out i could hear a spark jumping in the motor, while heading back to the dock i heard the #2 cylinder chug a couple times, and i heard several sparks jump. I got off the lake around 4pm today and was beyond pissed off, so i went to the marina to drop off my motor and ask them about APC, the sign said they were open until 5, it was before 430 and they were closed, so at that point im fuming pissed!!! Basically the point of this is to see if anyone knows anything about APC, im taking my motor to harrisons in a few hours, this will be the second weekend in a row that my motor has been in the shop, so far im 100 bucks in the hole and growing more and more pissed off to not be fishing, and on top of that my girlfriend will be out of town, so i could fish sunrise to sunset all weekend..... i would hope that a shop would not completely hose somebody like i feel has happened to me, i even told the guy that that repair was what i suspected, so i do not see how he would think he could get away with not changing it and me not noticing??????????????

Sorry bout your bad experience, I haven't dealt with APC but Harrisons has worked out for me so far. I'm not sure but I suspect the coil pack would have made your bill over 100 dollars. May have to have a more in-depth chat with APC to figure it all out. Good Luck