Fished with Shane last night. Shane has lived in Hayward his whole life and had yet to catch a musky, in his defense he never musky fished. Well that all changed last night on a small local lake. Last night was the first time I had ever been on the lake but wanted to add more options for the up coming musky inc tourney. We only fished two hours but had good action. Shane had his first follow ever from a low 30 on a cowgirl. He said that was freaking awesome. After a quick hi five Shane made another cast, he had another follow. This fish was about 40" but it wanted to eat. Now when ever I'm fishing with new fishermen I let them know over and over and over and over, get the point, how important it is to make large figure 8's cuz a big fish can't turn on a dinner plate 8. With out fail however people need to see it them selves. So with that said Shane brings this fish into the 8 slows down and does a turn a bluegill would have trouble making. Lol. So the cowgirl is going left and the fish is going right with a look like where did it go. Lol but like I said this fish wanted to eat it was the same confusing figure 8 for the next 3 times I kept saying Shane make bigger turns. He finally understood. He started making big 8's and speeding up. The fish nipped 3 more times but was so dizzy from the under water circus Shane had going earlier that after about 7 times around it sank off. Shane was pissed. I told him the fish would come back and eat the sucker. It did!!! Shane boated his first musky ever, 39.5". Congrats buddy!!!!!!!!!!

Water temps were 56