Winter is growing nearer in Northern Wisconsin and signs of it are all around us. Chances of snow the next few days remind us that the fall fishing window can be short, so go out there and enjoy what is left of open water fishing for this year.

Our guide team has been busy this week with a Corporate trip and some other Musky and Walleye trips, The walleye action has slowed a bit but I this should be temporary as we have hit the fall turn over transition of the lakes. The walleye that we have been catching have been on deeper structure and holding tight to it. A jig and stinger hook tipped with a fathead minnow worked best for us as well as slip bobbers. The bite is light!!!

Musky action on the other hand has been great, they are feeding up heavy right now. We are taking fish on Plastics, Gliders and Suckers. I like putting a sucker off the side of the boat right between my clients for that late follow, at this time of year it can pay off big. The Musky seemed to be scattered right now and we are getting them from shallow to deep, but when you find one it eats!!!

Reports are still coming in the store about improved Crappie action over the Basin areas of the lakes. Drifting a small minnow on a jig or plastics are getting most of the Crappie action.

Photos from Sunday and Tuesday Trips.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resize2.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	18329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resize.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	18322Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guide34.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	18323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guide37.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	18324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guide41.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	18325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guide43.5.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	18326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guide46.5.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	18327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guide46.52.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	18328