www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: end of week weather

Default end of week weather

We waited a year for this upcoming weekend and it looks to get cold..!! My derelict friends are bummed out and want to just sit in a saloon all weekend...I need some inspiration to convince them maybe this cold front will turn the muskies on. Am I full of too much hopium ?
    thx.
    greg

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    We waited a year for this upcoming weekend and it looks to get cold..!! My derelict friends are bummed out and want to just sit in a saloon all weekend...I need some inspiration to convince them maybe this cold front will turn the muskies on. Am I full of too much hopium ?
    thx.
    greg
    I'll come up and fish with you for a while of your friend don't want to! Lemme know!

I’m heading up this weekend too and I’m in the same predicament. I was hoping for some nice weather, but it’s going to be frickin cold and I better get up and shut my trailer down before he pipes burst. From what Ty said in another thread the Chip is doing its pseudo turnover thing and that usually means tough fishing. Our game plan will be drifting suckers in the river channels and near deep fish cribs. If we feel warm enough to cast it will be mid-day when the sun may warm spots near those channels. The weeds may look dead and gross but you can still find them in there. I’m here looking for some wisdom from Ty as well, but the fall tournament is this weekend so he’s probably not going to spill his guts lol.

Ty, are there any issues with sucker shortages this year?

Well, yesterday we had eleven fish either follow or hit and that was the worst day we've had in the last four or five days so I wouldn't say it's been bad out here. Some of the spots we've been moving fish have been spots that I know you fish also. I'm thinking this weekend the fish that have been following will finally hit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com