www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Log from Aug 25th throuh Sept 26th 9/26/2012

Default Log from Aug 25th throuh Sept 26th 9/26/2012

Looks like it has been awhile since I logged my fishing groups. Might not be as much detail, but will do the best I can.

I was off on the 26th and 27th of August so I will start from there.

On Aug 28th and Aug 29th I had a group out from Harlan, IA. Dad also had 3 gentleman from same group. We caught around 200 fish in 2 days between the 2 boats. Quit fishing on day 1 at 11:30 and day 2 at 10:30. On day one my boat also brought in 13 smallies. Another excellent trip. Will see you guys next year if not within the next couple of weeks.

On Aug 30 and 31 I had a group from Alexandria, MN. 2 excellent days of walleye and smally fishing. This group caught around 90 total fish. Great weather and great fishing.

On Sept 1 and 2nd I had a group of 4 from Rock Rapids and Little Rock, IA. We caught 115 fish in 2 days, with limits of walleyes and close to possession in smallies.

On Sept 3rd and 4th I had a group out from Lone Rock, IA. We caughgt between 125 and 130 fish in 2 days. Another excellent 2 days of walleye and smally fishing. Group had a fantastic time. Will see you next year.

On Sept 5th and 6th I had a 4 person group out from Hospers, IA. We caught 100 fish in 2 days. My one blip on the radar, as far as limits are concerned. We fought hard, came in with 15. One thing is for sure, they got to see alot of the river. We had to fight hard in day 2 to post our limit, but got them in a 25+ mph wind. An excellent fishing trip.

On sept. 7 I had 2 gals out from Wentworth, SD. It was a fun day on the water. The gals had a great time, catching 35 fish, posting a dandy stringer of walleyes and smallies.

On Sept 8th I had a group of 4 out from Ireland, Mitchell, SD and Decator, NE. This is their second consecutive year. We caught between 50 and 55 fish. Posted a nice stringer of walleyes and also brought in 13 nice catfish.

Sept 9-10 off.

On Sept 11, 12, and 13 I had a group out from Clinton, IA. It was their second trip of the season. They came to pick up a 29 inch walleye (mounted) they caught earlier in June. Excellent 3 days. Also caught a trophy smally (at taxidermist shop) of over 4 lbs (20 inches). We caught 150 fish in 3 days with possession of walleyes, almost possession of smallies, and around 20 catfish. A good fish fry there.

On Sept 14 I had part of a company group out from Sturgis and Lake Norden, SD. We caught 30 fish by 11:30 a.m. Limit of walleyes (12) and 6 smallies.

On Sept 15th I had a group out from Lake Park, IA. we caught 45 total fish. Nice limit of walleyes with almost limit of smallies.

Sept 16th - off

Sept 17 and 18th i had 2 guys from Ft Collins, CO. We caught 130 fish with possession of nice walleyes. Also possession of smallies only keeping smallies under 15 and throwing bigger ones back.

Sept 20 and 21 I had a group out from Eagle River, WI. Little tougher, had to jump 8 to 10 spots per day but we posted our limit of nice walleyes. Also brought in around 15 smallies. Caught 65 fish in 2 days. Great guys, a great day. You know you are in a good area when a tougher trip is 65 fish.

Sept 22 and 23 I had a group out from Owatanna, MN. Great guys to fish with. Made a change in venue and caught 180 to 185 fish in 2 days, with a nice stringer of walleyes.

Sept 24 I had a group out from Battle Creek, IA. Excellent day of walleye and smallie fishing. We caught 45 walleyes (limit by 11:15,(12)) and possession (10) of smallies.

Until next time
    Mike Allen
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com

Mike

Thanks for the reports on the fishing. I am planning a trip to Chamberlain Oct 5-7 to do some fishing with my brother.
    We always stop at Allens' Hillside to buy bait and get some advise.
    I'm from Le Mars and I know your uncle Dick.
    It looks like the bite will be on.

Rich