www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: report 9/24 fall bite is on!!

Default report 9/24 fall bite is on!!

water temps are in the mid 50's and with alot of wind past week the lake has appeared to be turned over early and very quickly with few if any negative results . i believe due to such a weak thermocline to begin with all summer with the hot weather and wind mixing the water column continuasly throughout. in aug water temps where within several degrees from 5' down to 32'.
    muskys have been showing fall tendencys past few days and have been turning on, 4 50's in camp yesterday,3 more big fish lost. past several days joe puccio 48",ed dullea got his personal best 42,46,49",52",jeff olman got 2 personal bests in 2 days 51,50,47,42, jeff ony got his first musky a 50.5,scott m,50",scott J,50.5.rob is up for a few days with kaye and she lost 2 big heartbreaker 50'+ fish sun and boated 3 42-45" yesterday.
    wind blown rocks and with the consistant w,nw,n winds look for wind generated/created current areas,blades,gramas,raiders,dawgs,jerkbaits.
    bass fishing is excellent on top of humps with majority of fish 16"-17"+to fish up to 22"+ and quite a few fish 19-20"+.built like footballs. big sucker minnows.
    walleyes are by far best north and west sections and are from 14' to 50' in diff groups depending upon day,weather,locality,and baitfish. only a few fishing walleyes past few days but last week was very good as long as you got out on the gradual slopes off the bars and had big minnows,the smaller groups/pods of fish that were 1-3' off bottom bit much better and were bigger avg size than the concentrated tight to the bottom fish.. not many fishing walleyes much this week but 2 groups fished with guides sat and sun and reported most fish caught were 38-42' with alot of fish 17-23" and some over slot to 25". the keith boys said they had 50+ slot fish 18-23" sat. and thier limit of eaters 16-17.5" to take home besides some nice bass and a 29" laker. big dace minnows. there is still a real good bite with a pm movement unto flats with sandgrass 14-16' near deeper water, most of these fish are 14-17" eaters.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

update;
    was excellent through wed 9/26 then hot sunny flat weather came,water temps went back up 3-4 degrees and stalled the bite.27th thru today 10/3 been mostly 40-47" fish though some big ones seen,close calls, and several lost. everyone been praying for a cold front. be careful of what you ask for!! today 35 degrees 45 mph winds and down pour,very few made it past noon-2;00. maybe some snow tonight called for and still windy tommorrow. once things stabilize it should be what we need but......
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

Herbie,
    Yikes! Brave souls out on the lake in that weather. The only thing that scares me is the thought that I'd be out there trying it, too, if I was there. Hope the cooling off is what the fish need once it stabilizes. Good luck!
    Bill

Herbie,
    Can't wait to be there. Only 14 more hours till we leave. Weather looks like its going to be nasty for a few days next week. Thanks god Dad and I bought the Mustang Survival suits last year. Any baits we need to bring in particular. We have Dawgs, Pounders, 2 Pounders, Medussa'a, Monster Medussa's, Cowgirls, Spanky's, Jake's, Grandma's, 12" DDD's and a few weighted suicks. See you tomorrow.