www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sept. Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sept. Report

Got back from two weeks at our trailer. Walleyes were tough at times, but we hit a couple of real good days. 1-1/2 hours and 17 fish, two were under 15" and the rest were from 16-27". Bottom bouncing with spinners and minnows, current areas, 20-30 FOW. Crawlers seem to have slowed up. We did manage one good day for crappies. We caught over 40 and kept 28 nice ones. Went back a few days later and couldn't find them anywhere. Duck hunting for our group was very slow. More geese than ducks. Started to see more ducks the night before we left. Heading back in two weeks.

Default sept trip

Quote Originally Posted by mlures View Post
    Got back from two weeks at our trailer. Walleyes were tough at times, but we hit a couple of real good days. 1-1/2 hours and 17 fish, two were under 15" and the rest were from 16-27". Bottom bouncing with spinners and minnows, current areas, 20-30 FOW. Crawlers seem to have slowed up. We did manage one good day for crappies. We caught over 40 and kept 28 nice ones. Went back a few days later and couldn't find them anywhere. Duck hunting for our group was very slow. More geese than ducks. Started to see more ducks the night before we left. Heading back in two weeks.
    2 plus weeks of fishing with 1 50" fish and several small ones.Lost 1 week to big winds and then the algae surfaced when the wind quit.Water temp dropped 10 degrees and came back 7 with the warm weather.The fish don't know its fall yet.All fish came from deep water next to points or deep reefs. I think there feeding on the walleyes making a move back from the main lake reefs.Closed up the cabin and am heading to Lake St. Claire for some big spotted muskies.

Default Justin wheres your trolling report

Quote Originally Posted by fastcast2 View Post
    2 plus weeks of fishing with 1 50" fish and several small ones.Lost 1 week to big winds and then the algae surfaced when the wind quit.Water temp dropped 10 degrees and came back 7 with the warm weather.The fish don't know its fall yet.All fish came from deep water next to points or deep reefs. I think there feeding on the walleyes making a move back from the main lake reefs.Closed up the cabin and am heading to Lake St. Claire for some big spotted muskies.
    How about a last of the season report.I know someone was fishing after I left in september.

Default Sept Report

i dont get alot of big fish by no means.over 15 but i do get some. and i also get few between 12 and 15. but most are six to 12 still fun with ultra light gear in the current.