www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: another rough day on kinkaid

Default another rough day on kinkaid

well i fished jig and minnow from noon until just before dusk, ill i had to show for was a hanful of 12 inch bass, one was 17, and a catfish. ive stayed commited to fishing rocks and rip rap, i think im gonna hang up the jig and minnow and rocks for a while, done it the last three times and havent done very good, the last four times ive fished the rocks all i catch is small bass and catfish, giving up on walleye for a couple weeks...... i heard the crappie fishing is picking up.... has anyone been able to catch any consistant numbers of small mouth and walleye, or do people pretty much catch them while bass fishing... kinda feel like im searching for a needle in a haystack and wasting my time

From everything I've heard if you are targeting smallmouth and walleye you are kind of searching for a needle in a haystack. I will mostly be musky fishing out there this fall but hit me up if you wanna get out sometime. I'm out Mondays, Thursdays, and weekends so just let me know. aadams940@gmail.com

yeah everything ive been able to dig up online says the fishing for walleye is spotty at best, i guess a few years ago the walleye were surveyed in good healthy numbers, the guy at the baitshop told me the dnr told him the walleye arent doing so good nowadays, idk if that is true or not, but the pic he had of a guys walleye from the other day wasnt too healthy looking it looked really skinny for the size of it. ive never caught a walleye on that lake casting, about 6yrs ago i used to get them trolling. but yeah right about now is prime time muskie, i actually had a medium sized muskie following my spinnerbait just at dusk when i was out last.. cant wait to get my rod and reel, i just cant let the woman know how expensive that stuff is ha ha, gonna be funny though considering i can turn my boat with some of my bigger bass crankbaits, i cannot imagine what muskie cranks will do to it