well ive only had a boat for a couple of months, started out on cedar lake and crab orchard, caught more fish on cedar, but fewer and bigger bass on crab. I grew up smallmouth, walleye, and northern pike fishing, so i decided it is time to fish kincaid the other week for the first time in 7yrs. Pretty much grew up shore fishing, so learning the lakes has been kind of tough for me to maintain any sort of consistancy to my fishing, so many places to go and methods to fish them. ive been on kinkaid 4 times over the last 3 weeks, ive trolled crank baits and jointed rapala shad raps, which i used to catch walleye on a buddies boat years ago on kincaid... also bought minnows the last two times to try to jig any of the rocky shore lines and cliffs that arent covered in weeds, so far all i have to show for is a whole bunch of medium to small sized bass and 1 baby smallmouth, 0 walleye, possibly one bit my line off, but it could have been a baby muskie or catfish, ive also caught a few catfish on gulp minnows. up on evergreen lake near bloomington we sleigh the sauger on gulp minnows and jigs, but i cant really catch crap on kincaid on them. i havent gotten into musky fishing a whole lot yet, except for fishing the marina here and there and the pool down below the spillway.... i have a handful of muskie lures, and am shopping around some rods and reels. well long story short after my fishing rant, i stumbled on this site while looking for some tips on fishing this southern illinois area, this is the first site i have found that actually has a handful of current posts, usually stuff is from like 2 years ago... ill probably post on here every time i fish, anyone that has any advice on getting into some smallies or walleyes, or anything for that matter id appreciate it, or any other sites anyone knows of that are kind of like this one, i dont know anyone who takes fishing as seriously as i do around here so ill be reading this daily, i hope to hear from some people, if not ill be the only one posting on here all the time... just got off work and hope to be on the lake this morning and all day.. please be good to me kinkaid, you have been stubborn so far!