www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: So Happy to see this forum

Default So Happy to see this forum

Moved to Carbondale from Northern MO in July and I've been painfully biding my time to get on Kinkaid for muskies. The water temps have been ridiculous and I'm hoping that they should be more fish friendly soon if they already are not. I'm originally from N. WI so water temps were rarely a problem and I certainly never went 3 months without being able to safely fish muskies. I've had a blast fishing Bass in the meantime and am nothing but impressed with the fisheries down this way.
    Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and say feel free to wave when you see the old silver lund out on Kinkaid this fall(and winter and spring) I'm a bit of a diehard so it's good to see there's a few others down this way...How much of a diehard you ask? It's 4 am and I'm watching Musky videos on youtube and sharpening hooks
    I'm headed out to Cedar for bass in a couple hours so I'll give a water temp report when I get back..Good luck to everybody this fall and if anyone ever needs a second in their boat I'd love to see how it's done down here in "the south"

Out on Cedar this morning. Surface temp was 69-70 at 6 am and 75 at noon, not sure how this compares to Kinkaid but we gotta be close with 38 degrees for tonite...windy, windy, windy. Biggest fish at 5.3# Lots of slots. Threw some of my musky stuff for a while thinking I could get a striper to go...No luck, but it felt good to throw the heavyweights around again.

Quote Originally Posted by bassindude View Post
    Out on Cedar this morning. Surface temp was 69-70 at 6 am and 75 at noon, not sure how this compares to Kinkaid but we gotta be close with 38 degrees for tonite...windy, windy, windy. Biggest fish at 5.3# Lots of slots. Threw some of my musky stuff for a while thinking I could get a striper to go...No luck, but it felt good to throw the heavyweights around again.

Get out on Kinkaid. Water temps were 75 at darkness Monday night. Had a 38 and a 43 while bass fishing on Sunday, and a 46 on Monday. Probably will slow down the next couple days, but it is definitely muskie time on K.

Thanks, headed for my first IL musky trip Friday...Pumped UP