www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: September 13th report

Default September 13th report

We fished a four hour trip yesterday afternoon. There was a northwest wind with lots of sun. Pretty nice day to be out. We had one follow right away and then nothing for the next three hours. At the end I tried what worked for us last year by going and fishing just plain old shorelines. I had one of the craziest things happen. I hooked a big fish on a Cowgirl and it stayed down and then shot up like a tarpon and flew into the boat. It cleared the side of the boat by two feet easily. So now I'm face to face with a big heavy four foot fish and two size 7/0 hooks. I tried to pull the fish back into the lake while it was mid air and the rod exploded. When the rod broke the bait flew out of the muskies mouth and the fish landed in the bottom of the boat. So here My client is with the net in the lake so I just grabbed the fish and threw it in the net. Easy as pie. Like I'd done it a million times. Truth was, I was more terrified by that fish than any I had ever caught. I've never seen a fish jump like that. Maybe they had jumped that high but never that close to my head and with a bait barely hanging on. We got some good pictures and off the fish went. Not much for stressing that fish out. It didn't get a chance to fight in the water or in the boat.

I think we might try a few more of those random shoreline spots today.

Good luck,
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Ty,
    At some point you will need to write your book about all your experiences. Looking forward to our 10/22 trip.

John

Its a great day when they are jumping in the boat!

Ty did you hear a story on the 51.5" caught in the Musky Hunt - It looks like he is standing on the dock.

See you in a few weeks!

Yes I did. I'm not sure why he's standing on the dock. I'll find out the next time I launchout of the campground.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Ty, you better start using a football helmet, like bow fishing for those ugly Asian carp! What are water temps? Will be up in a couple of weeks for the tourney...Mike & Jamie

I'm not sure waht the water temps are. I'm guessing they are low 60's right now.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843