www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: fall trolling trip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

sounds like good cribbage weather...

This afternoon I proved ignorance is bliss.About 3:30 the wind was down a bit so decided to go troll a few hours.Ended up catching 3,yes 3.Two smallish ones and one that was a tad over 49 inches.A big,very white,fatty.All I did was bang Jakes into points and tips of reefs.Repeatedly.Caught 2 decent pike as well.
    Man that was so easy it actually was fun.Barely got out of my seat the whole time-except to net the biggie.Released the other 2 just sitting behind the wheel.I didn't have my camera but Frankie had me use my phone camera-my 'smart' phone camera.(another oxymoron as applied to me)Well it worked,sort of.At least as good as my normal pics.
    Anyway Doug I am off hunting now but hope you and all trollers have a great Fall.If this afternoon is any indication,it sure should be.

I'm finally getting to my late trip report. Big Thanks to Frank and Laura for another great trip. Overall the weather was great for casting as that's what we spent the entire time doing. We ended up with 10 fish over 4.5 days, and unfortunately the biggest we managed to put it in the net was only 45". My experience with the 12" DDD's was very similar to what Darren described. Put a lot of time with them in the water with only a follow or two for results. At the same time several fish were caught on the regular sized DD's. Actually, I should say that throwing the 12"ers as DDD's was as difficult as I'd expected and they were very easy to over-work. Meaning if you over twitched them they'd roll over too far and often porpoise out of the water. After a day and a half of them kicking my butt and the issues with over-working them I decided to cut the lips down and make them DD's. I was very happy with the results. Much easier to twitch and the action was great. I really couldn't understand why they weren't getting more attention. I'm sure they're fish catchers, but I'll have to wait until next season to prove it.

Good luck to those who still have fishing days ahead of them.

Ryan

They got 5 yesterday up to 49". Only one today.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com