I rec'd the email shown below from Lawrence Eslinger of the Merer DNR office this afternoon. If you have time and would like to help, please contact Lawrence directly.

Thanks,

Tom502

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is late notice, but I’m looking for help to fin-clip muskies at the Spooner Fish Hatchery on Thursday (13th). The muskies we’re clipping are going to be stocked into the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage on Friday. I’d like to get them all clipped (i.e. marked) in order to differentiate stocked fish vs. naturally-reproduced fish when they mature into the adult/fishable population.

Our plans are the following:

Leave from Mercer at 6:00 a.m. and get to Spooner by 8:30 a.m. Clip as many muskies as possible and hopefully leave by 3:30 p.m. to return back to Mercer. FYI….we’ll also be doing this on Tuesday the 18th. Right now, we may be able to squeeze a person or two into one of our vehicles, but volunteers might have to drive/carpool themselves which I understand may be a problem/limiting factor. Anyway, please have people contact me before 3:30 tomorrow if they are interested. I’ve already informed the fish committee about this opportunity. Thanks.

P Lawrence Eslinger
Fisheries Biologist
Iron & Ashland Counties
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
Phone: (715) 476-7847
E-mail: lawrence.eslinger@wisconsin.gov