Hello everyone,

Thanks for visiting us at Outdoor 911. We appreciate you checking in with us.

Right now we are experiencing the dog days of summer and typically speaking the fishing gets a little tougher this time of year. That's kind of a given. The best time of year to fish on inland lakes is during the month of June anywhere in the Midwest. That's kinda of given too. That's not to say you cant catch fish now, it just gets a little harder. This is what I know is going on right now.

Perch and walleye are still being caught in the weeds with 7 - 11' of water, but you need to understand what you are looking for. What I have found to work for me:In that 7 - 11 F.O.W. I look for the pockets of the short weeds that are among the tall weeds (The weeds that come up to the surface or close to it) using my graph or by just looking over the side of the boat. For one reason the weeds at this time of year can become to thick to be able to fish them so by finding these pockets or edges you are able to get your baits down into the strike zone with out getting hung up. These fish are consistently cruising so they may not be in the same spot two days in a row. You will have to keep moving until you find them. you also have to keep in mind that they don't feed all day long. you have to be in the right spot at the right time. This requires time on the water.

Customers have been telling me that they have been doing fantastic on the smallies. From what I have been hearing the small mouth are being caught in a little deeper water in 10 -16 F.O.W

The Northers seem to be all over the place but run small on this lake. However I have had a few nice ones registered at the resort. a 33.5 incher and I believe a 36.5 incher. Those are big fish for this lake. Most are in that 20" range.

We still have a trolling bite that can produce. I have been working the 20-28' of water running deep diving crank baits and using lead core to get my other baits down there. Most of the fish that I am targeting are down deep and coming from a few feet off bottom.

Lake Gogebic's fall Fishing Tournament is this weekend so Good Luck! to all of you that have entered and be safe.

Enjoy the week-end,

Tim Long