www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Another musky caught same results

Default Another musky caught same results

I caught two Muskies a 40" and a 36" in a three week period using a Northland Reed Runner spinner bait. I like these lures for bass and little northerns. The bait shop sells them unpackaged (3 for $10.00) single hook and one blade. All summer I've used my 8ft. St.Croix and Toro winch set-up and every Musky lure known to man...... and nothing........... go figure. Reminds me of Bow season Deer/Grouse. If you carry your shot gun and grouse hunt you'll see lots of deer. If you carry your bow you'll see lots of grouse. I whip that Joe Bucher bucktail all over our lake and catch bass ........... go figure !!!! Seems like this year the fish behave a little different than normal. The lake structure and weedlines have changed a little too. Maybe the ultra warm water temps have something to with that. Regards, Larry F.

Hello Frog caster,

So besides spinner's and bucktails what are all these other baits your tossing to catch muskies?
    During this 3 week time frame were you on the water every day?
    One thing I can tell you, if were not moving or catching muskies on the TFF we fish elsewhere.
    Pretty soon it will be sucker time which is usually good on the TFF.

Hello Riverman, I failed to mention in the previous post is the irony I have encountered. Using light spinning tackle catching those Muskies vs. My 8 ft. St. Croix and Toro winch ........ catching nada. Suicks, walk the dog types, bobbies, jakes, cisco's etc. etc. ......... nothing. Just those 3 for $10.00 reed runners have produced. In over 50yrs. of Iron county fishing, I've never used a live sucker ........ sorry, just don't like the use of live bait or the advantage it gives the fisherman. No electronics, water temp. gauges etc. Same with deer hunting, no automatic rifles, no scopes, no salt licks etc. etc. Guess that's why my success rate isn't what it should be........ Anyhow, good luck to everyone this fall. Regards, The "old" frog caster.

Frog Caster,
    your throwing some good baits, but there's a few other's I might be tossing.
    Somebody caught a 52 incher last Sat. out there.
    Pulling out tommorow for a week trip up north send you a PM when I get back.
    Dave