www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Labor Day Weekend Muskie Report

Default Labor Day Weekend Muskie Report

Muskie fishing during the last week has been excellent! Water temps are in the 74-75 degree range on the ER and TL Chain and winds are out of the W-SW. The warm sunny conditions over the weekend got everyone excited to get out in their boat and take the kids tubing....a perfect recipe for pushing the "bite" closer toward darkness. Take the crazy daytime boating pressure combine it with a late moonrise close to sunset and you will be sure to see a "feeding window" open some time in the later afternoon or after dark. As I described in my last muskie report the spinnerbait / bucktail bite is still producing very consistently. The key has been to cover water quickly and hit as many spots as possible. With that said you still want to minimize your driving time between spots - don't get stuck spending more time driving to spots than actually casting on them. Do you spend your MR-MS/SR-SS time working 3 "critical" spots or instead work a long "community" weed bar that produces a fish in random locations every so often. I know where I'll be most of the time. I'd rather be on a spot where I can predict more times than not, exactly where the active fish should be hanging in a given scenario. The baitfish have been stacked up super thick on these good spots right now - so thick that at times you can see fish all around the boat. Perch following in and bumping lures twice their size! You know things are lookin' good when this is happening!

Good luck and fish hard!

Chas
    http://www.muskymastery.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2803.JPG 
Views:	454 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	18034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2897.JPG 
Views:	547 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	18035   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2901.JPG 
Views:	518 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	18036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2612.JPG 
Views:	505 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	18037  
    Chas Martin
    Musky Mastery Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.muskymasteryguideservice.com