www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Report 08/31/2012

Default Musky Report 08/31/2012

Sorry for the lack of fishing reports the past several weeks, but I have been very busy with work as well as the Professional Musky Tournament Trail Qualifier Event on Leech Lake last week. The hot weather trend this past week or so has slowed fishing a little bit but muskies are still quite active. The highlight of this past week was netting my lovely wife Kris's personal best musky which measured forty-four inches, and the fish was well built. The musky smoked a Boo Dadley Jr. Bucktail (by Dadson Blade Baits) on a bomb cast and gave her an awesome fight right into the net. In the PMTT Event on Leech, my partner Garth Darton lost a mid-forties (ironically the same spot my sweetheart caught her fish yesterday!) on a Bulldawg and caught a 32"er on a bucktail, but we did not boat a fish! We raised fourteen other muskies up to forty-eight inches long during the two day event! I am also posting a picture of Garth's nice Leech Lake walleye that smoked a Bucher Shallowraider at boatside, and some pre-fishing pictures of Dylan Badger's four musky day with me on Leech. Lots of fun. We need water temps to drop under seventy degrees and all hell will break loose. I'll keep you posted on my upcoming trips and get out on the water this next month, as it will be prime time!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02312-revised-web.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	18003   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02313-revised-web.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	18004   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02316-revised-web.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	18005   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02321-revised-web.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	18006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02331-cropped-web.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	18007  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02287-web.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	18008  
    Tom Dietz Outdoors
    Web Site: http://www.tomdietz.com