www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: hey tim and cdet

Default hey tim and cdet

I to gave up posting for awhile, its funny, i seen that some of my earlier posts got 3-500 hits with no responces. I to live in ironwood, and its nice to know what type of bait to pick up and which species of fish are active, im not asking for everyones (hotspots) by no means. Its just nice to know what the fish are up to, it makes planning a trip easier. With that said i went out a few days ago, trolled all afternoon with crawler and leech harnesses, picked up a few small eyes with no keepers. later in the evening i went to 16 ft of water till dark. I used slip bobbers and had great luck, smallies were on fire and the walleyes were the same. caught about 12 eyes but everyone was around 13-15 inches. no big ones that day but its good to see them biting, i was using leeches and wished i brough minnows, i guess minnows have been real good. How have you guys been doing?

i have not been out to gogebic in 2 or 3 weeks. I hit a lull out there and couldnt get excited to drive all that way when the Gile Flowage was/is on fire and is 10 minutes away. I am purchasing a slightly larger and wider boat saturday and plan on taking a maiden voyage out to gogebic on sunday. I too had wished i brought more minnows my last trip out to gogo. I only got a dozen suckers and went through them in about 20 minutes. Smallies were on fire as well as smaller eyes but im sure there were keepers mixed in if i had more time and minnows, tried gulp but they wanted a live sucker. I have been drifiting live bait rigs with gulp leeches and cannot get an eye on the Gile Flowage that is under 14" but thats ok i have a freezer full and certainly enjoy c&r. I have been casting Weapons also tipped with a gulp leech and that has been extremely productive on the flowage, fishing for 2 or 3 hours and landing 10 or 12 eyes between 13-19inches.

Got my new boat on thursday and the weather on friday was iffy so we went to the gile flowage again. Great day besides the wind and cold. Boated 6 eyes between 10 and 15 inches, all released. Also got a monster smallie and a decent pike. All on harnesses in 10 fow with slight bumps on the bottom. Going to try the salmon bite out of black river harbor tomorrow and hopefully get on Gogebic on Monday.