www.lakegenevacannery.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Cabin on the TFF

Default WTB Cabin on the TFF

Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing a cabin on the TFF. Is anyone aware of any cabins for sale that are not currently listed with the Mercer realtors?

Thanks,

Brian

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by fangmbr View Post
    Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing a cabin on the TFF. Is anyone aware of any cabins for sale that are not currently listed with the Mercer realtors?

Thanks,

Brian
    Brian, check with the Park Falls Herald. You will have to subscribe to their internet site or buy one locally or have them send one to you . Just a FYI, FSBO's (For sale by owner) are invaribly over priced, will not negotiate, hide iformation that is important to the purchaser (negative info) Use an attorney from the area that practices in real estate regularly . The real estate laws and real estate forms have changed over the years. To many people work on their own properties with out any knowledge of what they are doing and so lots of lake properties, especially the older ones are a cat in the bag. Be sure to have a survey done so you can see what you are buying by the plat that is generated by the surveyor. Not always cheap up their but totaly necessary. Good luck , you won't steal it from a FISB. Have a nice hunt for your property.

Brian,

You can also hire a real estate broker to represent you. Its called buyer brokerage. Would be money well spent as they will represent you throughout the process of purchasing a property.

Brian, check your private mail.

Thanks George. Sounds like good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookout View Post
    Brian,

You can also hire a real estate broker to represent you. Its called buyer brokerage. Would be money well spent as they will represent you throughout the process of purchasing a property.
    I'll look into this also....Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    Brian, check your private mail.
    Thanks again Zeke.

Default What are you looking for?

Hello,

Thanks,

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Can you post any more info about what you are looking for in a cabin? Does it need to be ON the TFF?

Just wondering if I have any info that might be useful....

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff Fish View Post
    Hi Brian,

Can you post any more info about what you are looking for in a cabin? Does it need to be ON the TFF?

Just wondering if I have any info that might be useful....

Ruff,

I am looking for a cabin that is located on the TFF and close to the water. I'm thinking that it would need to be two bedrooms or one bedroom and a loft. I'm not looking for something that would need alot of repairs. Any thing over $145K is over my budget. I realize that my choices will be limited based on my budget.

Thanks,

Brian

Cool

Ruff,

I am looking for a cabin that is located on the TFF and close to the water. I'm thinking that it would need to be two bedrooms or one bedroom and a loft. I'm not looking for something that would need alot of repairs. Any thing over $145K is over my budget. I realize that my choices will be limited based on my budget.

Thanks,

Brian
    Brian, you sound like you are a canidate for a reliable realtor to work for you, do all the scouting that they have good computer software for, cost you nothing. Hire a competent attorney who practices in real estate and pay him to draft the offer to purchase for you with your terms that look out for your interests and that you control. If you hire a realtor to act as your representive, you then have to pay him and still have no legal representation, none. Only attorneys can do that for you, not reators . The selling broker has his allegence to his employer the seller. He will work just as hard to sell you a property but you then have the advantage of buying it with in your terms of purchase. Be sure to look for a Real Estate Condition Report. If things are omitted that are discovered later and you can prove that the seller knew about them as faults that were concealed or not mentioned on the RCR you have legal recourse. This is a typical situation and should be looked at very carfully by you. Buying as is does not work to your advantage at all. Biggest flag that the property is a cat in the bag. If you have a property inspection done by an inspector, they do not look for code compliance and defects that need to be mentioned with cause and effect. Here is an example of an inspection report that cost $ 500. Plumbing not vented. OK, it cost the purchaser, $ 11,000 to cure the defect after he purchased the property . The no vent situation should have been highlighted along with the problems associated with the defect. It goes on and on. Property inspectors dont want to kill a sale if they have been recomended by the listing broker or the selling broker. Again tread softly on lake homes that have been built by the owners. Check the history of permits especially for well and septic, building. It is for your benifit totaly. Good LUck. GET a Good Attorney to draft your offer to purchase and handle the closing documents being presented to you by the seller. That of course is the next reason you need an active Attorney that practices heavily in the real estate area. Good Luck again. I also think this fishing site is inappropriate for this subject.

Well said George!
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Default looking for cabin on fishing site

Quote Originally Posted by george g View Post
    brian, you sound like you are a canidate for a reliable realtor to work for you, do all the scouting that they have good computer software for, cost you nothing. Hire a competent attorney who practices in real estate and pay him to draft the offer to purchase for you with your terms that look out for your interests and that you control. If you hire a realtor to act as your representive, you then have to pay him and still have no legal representation, none. Only attorneys can do that for you, not reators . The selling broker has his allegence to his employer the seller. He will work just as hard to sell you a property but you then have the advantage of buying it with in your terms of purchase. Be sure to look for a real estate condition report. If things are omitted that are discovered later and you can prove that the seller knew about them as faults that were concealed or not mentioned on the rcr you have legal recourse. This is a typical situation and should be looked at very carfully by you. Buying as is does not work to your advantage at all. Biggest flag that the property is a cat in the bag. If you have a property inspection done by an inspector, they do not look for code compliance and defects that need to be mentioned with cause and effect. Here is an example of an inspection report that cost $ 500. Plumbing not vented. Ok, it cost the purchaser, $ 11,000 to cure the defect after he purchased the property . The no vent situation should have been highlighted along with the problems associated with the defect. It goes on and on. Property inspectors dont want to kill a sale if they have been recomended by the listing broker or the selling broker. Again tread softly on lake homes that have been built by the owners. Check the history of permits especially for well and septic, building. It is for your benifit totaly. Good luck. Get a good attorney to draft your offer to purchase and handle the closing documents being presented to you by the seller. That of course is the next reason you need an active attorney that practices heavily in the real estate area. Good luck again. I also think this fishing site is inappropriate for this subject.
    i think a fishing site is a great place to find info including cabins for sale as word of mouth is the best salesman.

George G,

Thanks.....more good advice! Do you happen to know any good local inspectors or real estate attourneys?

I'm thinking that many, if not most, of the older cabins will have many of the code violations that you mention. Many of them must be sold as is because of the expenses associated with correcting them. No way will I purchase anything without an inspection. I'm wondering how accepting owners are of requests to update to code or reduce price to account for code issues. It probably depends on the extent of the issues and the cost to update.

I respect your thoughts about this being a fishing site. There does seem to be an interest amoung users for a "classified" piece for this website. Do you have any thoughts on how we could get a "TFF Classifieds" piece added? I have to say that without Don P posting daily it doesn't seem we have as much activity here anymore.

Thanks again,

Brian

Brian,

George brings up some very valid points but the information is not totally accurate. (no offense George) You can hire a real estate broker to represent you. Its called buyers brokerage. It works very good, especially when buying a for sale by owner home. A real estate broker will make sure all your bases are covered in every aspect of the sale. They will be current on all the new real estate laws and will make sure you are very well protected. They can also sell you homes that are listed. At that point it may become an issue of both buyer and seller being represented. Either way, all parties must be honest and disclose any and all adverse conditions. You may also find that hiring a real estate broker may be cheaper than an attorney.

The second point is about a home inspection. More often than not, the buyer hires the home inspector. Its true, the home inspector does not want to jeopardize the deal but he does have a job to do, and I can’t imagine he would overlook a defect. If he does, he may become liable. If a defect is found, the deal is open for renegotiation. Everyone wants the deal to work out so typically a compromise is reached between buyer and seller, sometimes the realtor gets involved too. No one should ever get stuck with a large repair bill unless they were uneducated about the situation.

I hope all works out for you and you find yourself a property. I too am looking for some property in the Mercer area, but do not want waterfront, taxes are too high! Vacant land from one acre up, or an existing home under the $80,000 price range, also outside of the village of Mercer. I also think its okay to post on here if your looking for real estate. There is alot of other non fishing info discussed on the site. All is good and yes, since Don P is not a regular poster, the reports have been few and far between.

Brian

Don Pemble has been posting quite often over on lake link.

Red face Buyer representation by a broker, not the buyers best deal

Quote Originally Posted by Lookout View Post
    Brian,

George brings up some very valid points but the information is not totally accurate. (no offense George) You can hire a real estate broker to represent you. Its called buyers brokerage. It works very good, especially when buying a for sale by owner home. A real estate broker will make sure all your bases are covered in every aspect of the sale. They will be current on all the new real estate laws and will make sure you are very well protected. They can also sell you homes that are listed. At that point it may become an issue of both buyer and seller being represented. Either way, all parties must be honest and disclose any and all adverse conditions. You may also find that hiring a real estate broker may be cheaper than an attorney.

The second point is about a home inspection. More often than not, the buyer hires the home inspector. Its true, the home inspector does not want to jeopardize the deal but he does have a job to do, and I can’t imagine he would overlook a defect. If he does, he may become liable. If a defect is found, the deal is open for renegotiation. Everyone wants the deal to work out so typically a compromise is reached between buyer and seller, sometimes the realtor gets involved too. No one should ever get stuck with a large repair bill unless they were uneducated about the situation.

I hope all works out for you and you find yourself a property. I too am looking for some property in the Mercer area, but do not want waterfront, taxes are too high! Vacant land from one acre up, or an existing home under the $80,000 price range, also outside of the village of Mercer. I also think its okay to post on here if your looking for real estate. There is alot of other non fishing info discussed on the site. All is good and yes, since Don P is not a regular poster, the reports have been few and far between.

Home inspectors can mention observations but at times will not mention cures. That is the problem, that is where an Attorney can draft and encorporate in the offer responsibility to cure the defect. If the seller does not want to cure the defect and walks away from the offer he has now been put on notice of the defect or defect's and now has to encorporate them in the Real Estate Condition report. So any one buying the home will now also have to consider the defects in their offer. If the seller is not willing to listen to that, then in essence the listing broker is getting screwed and the property in esscence is not for sale. Unreasonable terms to say the least. No Broker wants to spend money on advertising on a property that has real problems, the seller.

If some one wants to contact Scott from the Turtle Flambeau Assn I am sure he can offer some help on finding a good real estate attorney . Try him he is one of the most helpful people in the area. He him self of course is an Attorney ----. Find the Attorney first, then go looking, ask him how the firm charges for their services and their experience in real estate.

Brian
    Brian, when you hire a Broker to look for a house for you , you will be paying him a fee. He by law cannot offer you any, not any legal advice so right away your dead in the water. Letting a listing broker hunt for you is the smart way and finding your self an Attorney who can give you legal advice and also draft the offer to purchase with your terms and also special conditions that a listing broker, selling broker or individual broker representing a buyer CANNOT DO. So in the end you still need a competent Attorney to represent your interests.

Many , many buyers have bought the cat in the bag. A good inspection by a state Certified Contractor also will reveal items not of interest to a property inspector. The Contractor also can give you a cost to cure the deficiencys BEFORE you write the offer. I also always advise individuals to have the inspection report done by both individuals BEFORE you write the offer and then the offer is drafted with the buyers best interest being taken care of by his paid representitive. Buyers may have to get permission from the seller to have these individuals do their inspectins. The Contractor can do a walk through with the buyer and they can discuss each observation by the Contractor and its cure. The Seller should never be present when this is done for obvious reasons. Open conversation with out having to watch your commentary is best done with out the seller present. His realtor can be their of course . Be very carefull when buying real estate anywhere. The offer to purchase is 9 or 10 pages long right now and then add the adendums created by your Attorney written with your best interest up front. Good Luck.

Can somebody tell me why we are turning this into a real estate education and locator site?
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Default Don P

Quote Originally Posted by luv2brw View Post
    Don Pemble has been posting quite often over on lake link.
    Thanks for the intel, I miss Dons postings. Just got back from a week at the Cedar Cove A-frames, not much luck fish-wise, but didn't hit any stumps and enjoyed my favorite place on earth.

HRG

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Can somebody tell me why we are turning this into a real estate education and locator site?
    Hi George, two people have posted real estate, cabin inquiry's here which is way off fishing subject matter. Why the moderator has not eliminated them I have no idea. But as long as the questions are left to stand, opinion is offered for those that have posted them. Yes I agree this is not a real estate information site and so I certainly would like to see the modertor do their thing and just eliminate the information that is not even close to fishing. Don is having a problem with his comptuter I think and is working it out so he can once again post here. I too miss his information. Water level is dropping badly again , getting tough to launch a boat by this time now at Donners bay or Sportsmen landing I would presume. Looking to go up in a few days. I have a friend that is at Cedar Cove for the next few days so I will rely on his information If I can get ahold of him. Have a nice day.

George,
    We launched at Donners, but once again, the trailer "fell off" the end of the ramp, in order to get the boat off the trailer. Sportsmans was fine, no issues at all.

HRG

Results...I'm scheduled to close on this cabin Thursday. Thanks for everyone's input.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_001.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	18373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_008.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	18374Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_010.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	18375Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_011.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	18376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_015.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	18377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_016.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	18378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_017.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	18379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_018.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	18380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_019.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	18381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_020.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	18382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_021.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	18383Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_022.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	18384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_023.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	18385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itemID(709)_024.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	18386

At the Hideaway?

Quote Originally Posted by vspeedster View Post
    At the Hideaway?
    Birch Point Condo Association on Pine Rd.

Default congrats on cabin

Results...I'm scheduled to close on this cabin Thursday. Thanks for everyone's input.

I looked at that cabin this summer a thought it was nice but just not what I was looking for.I'm sure you will be happy.Did you look at the ones at Hideaway?I thought that place was a dump.Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by hogwall View Post
    I looked at that cabin this summer a thought it was nice but just not what I was looking for.I'm sure you will be happy.Did you look at the ones at Hideaway?I thought that place was a dump.Good Luck
    I did look at the cabins at The Hideaway. I wasn't interested.

I thought that looked like Birch Point. I'm right across the narrows from you. Looks like we are neighbors.

I tried to talk my wife into buying that cabin a few years ago. I really liked it.

Hope it works out well for you!

Funny, I have read every word on this thread. Only because I dream of having a place on the flowage one day....Congrats. Oh, and seriously? "I don't agree with this topic on this fishing site" George? I love how you say that after all the work you put in responding...weird. fishing is not always the topic here. I've seen a number of different topics. I don't know bout you guys but, I like most of 'em. Because they all involve the most glorious place I know of......

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Christmas must be over! Happy New Year!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mikesgotone View Post
    Funny, I have read every word on this thread. Only because I dream of having a place on the flowage one day....Congrats. Oh, and seriously? "I don't agree with this topic on this fishing site" George? I love how you say that after all the work you put in responding...weird. fishing is not always the topic here. I've seen a number of different topics. I don't know bout you guys but, I like most of 'em. Because they all involve the most glorious place I know of......
    The topic here is fishing. Some people interject another topic that is not fishing. That being said it is not WEIRD but with out being RUDE a response to some ones topic is meant to be informative and helpfull and not termed WEIRD. I happen to have expertise in the area of Real Estate , Construction, of many years. Passing that along to some one is meant to be a helping hand and not WEIRD.

Quote Originally Posted by George G View Post
    The topic here is fishing. Some people interject another topic that is not fishing. That being said it is not WEIRD but with out being RUDE a response to some ones topic is meant to be informative and helpfull and not termed WEIRD. I happen to have expertise in the area of Real Estate , Construction, of many years. Passing that along to some one is meant to be a helping hand and not WEIRD.
    I didn't mean that helping out was "WEIRD". I meant that whining about someone asking a non-fishing question was weird. So....What? Guess I shouldn't have used the word "weird" huh? no offense

Default Whining

I didn't mean that helping out was "WEIRD". I meant that whining about someone asking a non-fishing question was weird. So....What? Guess I shouldn't have used the word "weird" huh? no offense
    So now we are talking about "Whining" , that equates to being a bully to keep the neidleing up. The words I think you used were ment to be what a bully would love to use and continue the in your face type conversation. That is not necessary. Have a nice day, some where else please.

Quote Originally Posted by George G View Post
    So now we are talking about "Whining" , that equates to being a bully to keep the neidleing up. The words I think you used were ment to be what a bully would love to use and continue the in your face type conversation. That is not necessary. Have a nice day, some where else please.
    What on earth are you talking about? Let me put it this way, It's like I walk into a gas station...I ask the clerk for directions because I am unfamiliar with the area.. He proceeds to give me directions then says,"by the way, I don't agree with you asking for directions here. We sell gas here." Whether you call it weird, whining, rude or whatever. I was just pointing out that it was unnecessary. Pretty sure I wasn't being a bully...but I won't needle you anymore....jeez, take it easy.

Angry Poor analogy, expected of course.

What on earth are you talking about? Let me put it this way, It's like I walk into a gas station...I ask the clerk for directions because I am unfamiliar with the area.. He proceeds to give me directions then says,"by the way, I don't agree with you asking for directions here. We sell gas here." Whether you call it weird, whining, rude or whatever. I was just pointing out that it was unnecessary. Pretty sure I wasn't being a bully...but I won't needle you anymore....jeez, take it easy.
    Poor analogy to say the least, you continue to be a bully, have at it, you won't bully me, you are what you are, "A Bully"they never quit, but that is what closets are for. Have a nice day some place else.

My wife agrees, you are a vagina. After that last post, it's official. There ya go George, Now I'm being a bully. Have a nice day.....someplace else. p.s. that was a perfect analogy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast