www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Capt. Fritz

Default Capt. Fritz

The King Salmon fishing continues to be ausume. We recently had alot of south wind witch brought in some cooler water, surface temp went from 70 degrees to mid 50's in two days time. That made the kings alittle crazy but still catchable. Thermalecline moved up and we are catching fish on leadcores and high dipsys. Fly and dodger combos still working but spoons are working better.

I hear Walleye and Bass action is really picking up in the bay and a few nice Muskys are being caught also.

Capt. Fritz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-08-169507.57.11.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	17938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-08-279510.06.34.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	17939  
    Captain Fritz Peterson
    JE Fishing Charters
    Web Site: http://www.jefishing.com

Hello, Capt. Fritz

I'll be making my first trip to the Two Rivers area this weekend. I have fished mostly on Superior (because it is closer to where I live) but the reports on Michigan have finally drawn me in. From people I know and all the recent reports I have read, I think I have an idea of the baits/lures/colors that are working right now, but it sounds like the thermoclines have changed recently from (a few weeks ago) needing to fish deep to (now) possibly finding fish closer to shore? Any advice on what depths to set my rigs at for this weekend? Is anyone finding fish deep during mid day? Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks