www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Flowage Question(s)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey JoeZ...For starters...Ask yourself if you know what to do if you do catch a Muskie....Im not trying to be a wise guy and dont know your level of Muskie fishing...If you dont handle the fish properly they can die pretty easily...I was just up there last week and heard that you can buy the Boa lure at Hermans Landing...As for were to start I would probably get a guide. but its pretty late notice...My recommendation is Ty Sennett...Good Luck...I would imagine everybody has been booked up for months...

Hey JWalk......Didn't mean to come off as a novice to musky fishing. I am pretty well-versed and respectful in handling muskys and any other fish as I have caught plenty. I understand that guides are mostly booked up. I was just asking for any general advice as to what may be working this time of year and possibly what depths anyone maybe seeing fish. I was not asking for anything specific but just what a good place to start maybe as I will only be on the water for a limited time and am a greenhorn to the Flowage.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, D&B Bait at the junction of B and CC near the flowage has had the Flowage Boa's in stock this summer. Also, not sure what highways you'll be traveling, but the bait shop (sorry, can't remember the name of the bait shop) right on Hwy 13 in downtown Phillips (a block south of the junction of 13 and County W, on the west side of the road in Phillips) has had them in stock this summer.

Try a large variety of spots. Main lake bars are usually good at this time but don't be affraid to get off the beaten path and try random weedy areas. Last year we ran into a pattern of just fishing large shorelines with scattered weeds. I hope that pattern doesn't come up again but just in case just pick a shore without any stucture on it and try it.

Pacemakers, Ghosttails, Cowgirls, and Flowage Boas are all good but try a couple jerkbaits like Suicks and Bulldawgs when things get tough in the weeds.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Thanks for the information, guys. I plan to hit it pretty hard. I'm assuming the water temps have dipped down to the low 70's?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    Thanks for the information, guys. I plan to hit it pretty hard. I'm assuming the water temps have dipped down to the low 70's?

Joe

I was just up there this past weekend and fish the Flowage almost every weekend. Water temps were 71-73. As Ty mentioned, main lake bars, Island bars/point bars, Weed beds, shoreline structure etc... The flowage can be pretty overwhelming if you try to tackle it all at once. I'd either hire a guide (if you can) or look at a good detailed map (ie. lakemaster) and tackle smaller areas and work them thoroughly. Definitely not a run and gun lake. Be patient and it will pay off.

Also as ty mentioned don't be afraid to try different spots or structure. I ususally like bucktails and suicks/bobbbie baits during the day unless its overcast then i throw surface lures as well but once evening starts to roll around you can't beat surface lures on the flowage. Good luck!!