Fishing has still been excellent. Our fish are starting to go into a fall bite. Fish are being caught below the dam and on Sharpe. the guides are catching 30 to 60 plus fish per day. Most fish that we are bringing in are from 15 to 21 inches. Fishing 10 to 25 feet depending on what kind of structure you are fishing. Still not a very good smallie bite yet, but I have a feeling it is not far away. All fish still caught on crawlers. If you want to see our pics, click on the facebook link on our web page, or view them on our photos section of web page.

Here is my report starting Aug 2. Aug 2-4 I had a group out from Audobon, IA. Days 1 and 2 we caught 112 fish. Numbers would of been higher, but we fished in a 35 mph wind on day 2 (35 fish, some of which were white bass). On day 3 we went catfishing and caught 50. We kept 42. Pretty good bunch of fish to take home.

Aug 5-7 took wife and kids on a small vacation at West Bend. A very nice campground in the middle of nowhere. Great in middle of week with not many people there.

Aug 8th I had a group out from Arlington and Sioux Falls, SD. We had a very nice stringer of walleyes. Caught 44 fish.

Aug 9th I had a group out from Presho, SD and Illinois. We caught 50 fish by noon. Also had 7 nice Catfish to go with our limit. First fishing trip by couple from Illinois. They had a blast.

Aug 10-11 I was part of a group from Afinwall, IA (3 boats). We caught 84 fish out of my boat in 2 days. Mother nature made day 2 interesting. But we work together to find the fish. Not a better group of guides to fish with when the walleyes throw you a small curve.

Aug. 12 Instincts told a couple of us to make a change in venue. Had a group of 3from Larchwood, IA and Dallas TX. There is a major advantage to have women in the boat. For some reason they catch more fish. Thanks to Lacey we caught between 30 and 35 fish. Limit was all between 15 and 19 inches.

Aug. 13 I had a couple out from Marion, KS. The group had a great time. We caught between 30 and 35 fish. Covered some miles to check out many fishing spots. Nice bunch of walleyes. They sure look healthy, which is a very good thing.

Aug. 14 I had a group out from Carson, IA and Council Bluffs. Again we caught between 30 and 35 fish. Pretty consistent the last 3 days. Very nice bunch of healthy walleyes.

The theme is that our numbers are declining a little, but the size is getting better. Cooler weather does amazing things. It has been as good of summer we have seen (business wise and the fishing). Lots of trips already booked for Sept and Oct. My boat is still at 100% for the summer. I have around 100 trips so far. Not a guide service that will work harder to get your limits of nice walleyes. Our reputation speaks for itself. Book a trip and enjoy the friendly atmosphere and professional guides at Allen's. If you have not been here before, this is one of the few places where you are fishing in the middle of nowhere. No houses or resorts in the area. Many days in Sept you will see less than 10 boats.

Until next time
Mike Allen