www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake near Indianapolis?

Default Lake near Indianapolis?

Anyone know of a lake I can test run my boat on near Indianapolis? Preferably the north side of town. I'll be coming in on HWY 65 so Lake Shafer is the only one I see but maybe someone on here knows a better place.

Thanks in advance,
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    Anyone know of a lake I can test run my boat on near Indianapolis? Preferably the north side of town. I'll be coming in on HWY 65 so Lake Shafer is the only one I see but maybe someone on here knows a better place.

Thanks in advance,
    Thats a strange request

Ty

We are coming in for vacation from Indiana, staying at Treelands and fishing with you on September 8th. Does this mean we'll be fishing in a new boat?

On the Northwest side of Indy is a 1350 acre lake called Eagle Creek but it is a 10 hp limit lake, so I assume that won't work for what you need. BTW that lake was just stocked with Muskies for the first time this year.

On the Northeast side of Indy is a 1900 acre reservoir called Geist. That might work for you and is probably a little less out of the way than Shaffer or Freeman.

Another option might be Morse due north of Indy.

Thanks in advance,
    What happened to the legend??

Default lake for boat test.

Thanks in advance,
    ty if you are coiming back home on I65 exit I94 EAST to portage and pro bass 2miles north portage boat ramp to lake mi. fotget those bath tub lakes , good test for the boat!

I'm meeting a guy that is buying my boat and wants to test it out somewhere near Indy. Lake Morse looks like the best option. If anyone knows anything about the lake give me a call or post on here.

Thanks a ton,
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

I honesty don't know much about it. I think it is a high end subburb for Indianapolis, 25 miles north of downtown. A quick Google says it is 1500 acres, so plenty of water for a quick test ride. Also found this on Google: Mid-Indiana Marine - Cicero Indiana 317-984-7004. I bet if you call them they can give you some info on boat ramps.

Not much water in Indiana, that is why we have to come to Wisconsin for vacation.

Thanks for the info. I'll do some more checking.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Default Wrong date

Quote Originally Posted by LarryO View Post
    Ty

We are coming in for vacation from Indiana, staying at Treelands and fishing with you on September 8th. Does this mean we'll be fishing in a new boat?

On the Northwest side of Indy is a 1350 acre lake called Eagle Creek but it is a 10 hp limit lake, so I assume that won't work for what you need. BTW that lake was just stocked with Muskies for the first time this year.

On the Northeast side of Indy is a 1900 acre reservoir called Geist. That might work for you and is probably a little less out of the way than Shaffer or Freeman.

Another option might be Morse due north of Indy.
    Actually we have you booked for Sunday September 9th, not the 8th. I've been following your reports all summer and it seems like the fishing has been fairly consistent this year. Been stocking up on new topwater baits including a full set of Sennett baits to try when we get there. Looking forward to the vacation and a week of nothing but fishing.

I hope the topwater keeps going good. September is usually a good month for it. See you in a few weeks.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843