Last weekend I fished on Sand. Did pretty well I got a 34, 38, 42. My wife and I were fishing a shoreline and a guy came flyinging in and beached his boat right in front of us and proceded to grab a really nice fish from the bottom of his boat and throw it on the bank and run up to his house. Not really knowing what the guy was doing I took a chance of getting beat up and went and grabbed this fish and put it in my net and kept it in the water to try and keep it alive. The guy came back down with a scale to weigh the fish and he did thank us for the help. Trying not to be an ass about this I kept persuading him to get this fish going as to not do any more damage to it than what had already been done. I think he wanted to keep it. Finally after convincing this guy to let me release the fish we got her to go. She layed on top for quite a while before going down. I sure hope it lives but there was a lot of stress put on the fish. This was a prime example of someone not knowing the proper way to handle and release fish. We actually showed the guy all the tools we had and kind of told him this was meant to be done out on the water. I think he thought we were kinda dick heads but oh well maybe it will save another fish or two some day. Just thought I would share this as some people really do need help taking care of fish. By the way the fish was 48.5 inches and right around 30 lbs.