We've boated four fish in the last three days. It's been tough but the fish we are seeing are usually eating. We've had six or seven others hit that we missed. Almost every fish has been on Bulldawgs but we have had a couple on bucktails and one on a Pacemaker. Most of the fish have been good sized ones. The four we caught were 38, 42, 42 1/2 and 46 1/2 inches. I lost one in the 48 inch range. The highlight was Pat O'mally catching his first muskie. He's a 19 year old Iowa student. I didn't hold that against him but let him know that he could still be a Wisconsin football fan if he wanted. He and his brother fished hard for two straight days. That was thier first time muskie fishing and not to sound corny but those were two of the most enjoyable days I've had. Normally I'm the one up and casting first when the boat stops. Dan O'mally didn't wait for the boat to come off plane a couple times before he was on the front deck waiting for the go ahead to cast. You just gotta like that as a guide. The fish have been shallow, deep, and everywhere in between. Basically, cover some water and you'll find fish. There aren't any real "hot spots" so don't get married to one area. The west side has been just as good as the east side. We helped a guy let go a big fish on the west side yesterday. They didn't really know how to hold the fish but were really good about keeping the fish in the water and not stressing the fish out. We had that fish back swimming away in no time. The water temps aren't dangerously high so don't be affraid to take a picture of the fish but I wouldn't hold the fish out of the water for more than five to eight seconds. That's a good rule of thumb in the summer. Make sure to have thier head underwater as much as possible when unhooking them in the net also. Just make sure all your cameras are ready before you even go to grab the fish. I guess I can stop with my release rant now.

Water temps were 76 to 80 degrees.

Good luck,