Fishing has still been excellent from Kiowa Flats to the dam, and from Iron Nation to Lower Brule. The guides are catching 50 to 100 fish per day. 14 to 19 inch fish. Catching a few smallies, whites, and catfish. Bass fishing will not be world class again until this fall, except for a few days. We are still fishing fairly shallow. 7 to 15 feet of water.

Here is my report starting July 19th. I had a family out from Aberdeen, SD. We had an excellent outing. The girls caught alot of fish. They were giving the rest of us fishing lessons. Our boat caught 45 fish and quit at noon.

July 20 and 21 I was with (guide) Curt Nepples group from Westside, IA. Excellent walleye and found some catfish. We caught 105 fish out of my boat in 2 days. We had 4 guide boats out with limits everyday before 10:00 a.m.

July 22 I had a family out from Mead, NE. We had an excellent outing. We caught 75 fish. Pretty good day of fishing on my B-Day. They were on their way out to the Black Hills. Pretty good way to start out on their vacation.

July 23 I had a family out from Nickerson and Fremont, NE. I have guided this group since 1989. (I was 18 years old). We caught 70 fish. Another great fishing outing. See you back out in August.

July 24 We had a company group out from South Dakota. I believe this is their 8th time out fishing with us. 5 boats on the water and we did not get started until 10:30. I was the last guy with limit (20). We caught 35 fish and filled at 2:15. Very good for that time of the day with 100 degree weather.

July 25 I had a family out from Salem, SD and North Carolina. Another excellent day. We caught 65 fish by noon. 5 people in my boat had a great time. Jacob and Noah caught most of the fish.

July 26-28 I had a group out from Des Moines, IA. Joe has fished with me at least twice a year for approximately 10 years. Another great outing. Walleye fished the first 2 days and decide to catfish on day 3. 150 fish caught walleye fishing. On day 3 we caught 50 catfish. They took home 42. That will be some good eating.

July 29 I had a group out from Lakefield and Austin, MN part of a bachelor party. Very good day of fishing between the 3 guide boats. My boat caught 60 fish by noon. Good way to end their trip.

July 30 I had a group out from Tempe, AZ and Ponka, NE. Excellent walleye fishing outing. We caught 80 fish. Tried fishing other species with not much success. Cannot get the walleye fishing much better.

July 31 I had a group out from Kansas. Pretty awesome day. We caught around 80 fish. They are just starting their vacation west. Another great way to start the vacation off. Hope the rest is as good as the fishing.

Today Aug 1 I had a group out from Kalamazoo, MI. They were driving by, seen the lake and wanted to go fishing. Pretty good call on their part. We caught 90 fish today. Lots of action. It will be a fishing trip to remember.

Until next time
Mike Allen