www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report 8/1/12!

Default Fishing Report 8/1/12!

Hey Guys,

The fishing has been pretty good after the storms came though. The rain lowered the water temps a little, but it is coming back up with these warm days we are having now.
    Bass have been the most active hitting in the shallow wood and rock structure. Using a lot of plastics like tubes and senkos rigged wacky style. Shallow running cranks, baby -1's or bandits, and some surface baits toward the evening have also been producing fish.
    Northern have going after johnson silver minnows tipped with an uncle josh's pork rind or twister tail. Live bait has also been working, larger suckers or chubs.
    Musky have been active on some surface baits in the evening. During the day you have to go deep with gliders or plastics above deep cabbage weeds.
    Crappie are also deep slightly suspended off of the bottom. Slip bobber rigs with a hook and sinker, or cubby jig. Tip either of them with a crappie minnow. For artificial use beetle spins and let it sink close to the bottom before retrieval. Fish the deeper weeds and wood structure.
    Bluegill have been popping in the shallow weeds along the shorelines or back bays. Your basic bobber set up tipped with a small leech or worm will work for you!

Well good luck out there, and I'll see you on the water!
    Shane M.

Thanks for the update Shane. We will be up there the 22nd of this month. Do you see the extreme heat lasting long up there?

Quote Originally Posted by supra8795 View Post
    Thanks for the update Shane. We will be up there the 22nd of this month. Do you see the extreme heat lasting long up there?
    Hey there,
    Its hard to say how long the heat will last. Aug is a pretty warm month for us, but next week its suppose to cool down. If you want to post again in a week or so I'll be able to help you out better.
    Have a good one!
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Shane M. View Post
    Hey there,
    Its hard to say how long the heat will last. Aug is a pretty warm month for us, but next week its suppose to cool down. If you want to post again in a week or so I'll be able to help you out better.
    Have a good one!
    Shane
    Just like in May it was hotter than usual up there and really windy. Any good word on Alice as of late?

Guys are getting a lot of bass, largemouth and smallmouth, with live bait, plastics, and shallow running cranks. Getting northern and smaller musky right now too. Today its cooler out, but muggy. We're suppose to get some more storms so we'll have to wait and see what it does to the fishing!

Hi,

Where can you find the rock structure at in lake Alice?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by bigbass View Post
    Hi,

Where can you find the rock structure at in lake Alice?

Thx
    I've only fished the lake once, not sure about the rock stucture, but my lower unit found the stump structures with ease!

Quote Originally Posted by Shane M. View Post
    Guys are getting a lot of bass, largemouth and smallmouth, with live bait, plastics, and shallow running cranks. Getting northern and smaller musky right now too. Today its cooler out, but muggy. We're suppose to get some more storms so we'll have to wait and see what it does to the fishing!
    We fished friday the 10th. Didnt catch too much, but caught a couple of good ones. Dad got a 3lb smallie on a crank and i got a 2.5 lb largemouth of a spinnerbait. Lot on small nothern and bass also. Where is the best spot for walleye on this lake?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbass View Post
    We fished friday the 10th. Didnt catch too much, but caught a couple of good ones. Dad got a 3lb smallie on a crank and i got a 2.5 lb largemouth of a spinnerbait. Lot on small nothern and bass also. Where is the best spot for walleye on this lake?
    Are you familiar with the lake at all? Do you know of turtle bay? Right out front of turtle bay is a deep channel. I have caught a ton of walleye along this channel using fatheads.

Also I have read that some guys are finding walleye in shallow water chasing the bait fish along with smallies too. If you can find the school of bait fish you will more than likely find walleye and smallies right there with them. You can throw crank baits in the schools or you can set up a slip bobber with a leech or a crawler and throw that into the schools. We are heading up next week and I'll be keeping my eye out for those schools of minnows. Let me know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by supra8795 View Post
    Are you familiar with the lake at all? Do you know of turtle bay? Right out front of turtle bay is a deep channel. I have caught a ton of walleye along this channel using fatheads.
    we only fish it once a year. Not from the area. But thanks for the info. Will try next yr.