Well it's been about 3 weeks since I've fished, because of the high water temps. Last weekend Dad, Mike and I took a road trip. Fishing was frusterating but we saw some giants. On our trip we moved 10 fish in a day and a half. 3 were over 50" and another 3 were around 48". The last fish we moved on sunday 15 minutes befor we were going to hit the road was a 53"+. Never saw a fish under 43" so what is the one fish we caught...... a 38" of course lol. Needless to say I was dying to get back out on the water after that.

Last night I fished The Flowage with Max Wolter. Max is the new biologist for sawyer county. I think our fisheries are in good hands. Had a lot of fun lastnight but fishing and water temps weren't what I was hopping for. Water temps in the North end were 82 and the water was very dirty. Water temps around Pete's were 79 and the water was much clearer. Water levels are very low it looks like October water levels. I was throwing a Cowgirl and wasn't hitting any weeds. I found this odd because of how low the water was. We went up on the bar and I was shocked at what I saw. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! The cabbage was non exsistant and the milfoil was gone. Now there are some weeds up there but anyone who fishes Pete's knows that in the summer when the water drops the top of the bar becomes like a mat with milfoil. The milfoil we did find was all snotted up. We need a cool down in a bad way. It is suppose to be 92 today then a bit of a cool down.