www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: report 7/30

Default report 7/30

water temps still around 73-76 but not rising. a bit of nice cooler weather in the low 80's,some good rains,no fire bans in our area.
    walleye fishing remains very good,reports and patterns/presentations much the same as previous week's report.lots of walleyes of bigger avg size 23-30"ers to biggest last week majerus's 31.5 with a 17" girth showing up now besides tons of eaters. some bigger pike 37"+ with some 40-44" mostly on bigger dace and suckers on deeper structure with or a bit deeper than the walleyes.
    muskies consistant but still a bit goofy but already alex's group boated over 280" of muskies first 2 days this week with 2 49"s and a 50.5, 5 50's boated last week.
    will update this weeks report as it develops.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Herbeck View Post
    muskies consistant but still a bit goofy but already alex's group boated over 280" of muskies first 2 days this week with 2 49"s and a 50.5, 5 50's boated last week.
    will update this weeks report as it develops.
    Seems consistent, with good action. Certainly better than fishing was this time last year. The jumbos 53-55" got lockjaw and acting goofy though it seems?

I'm at the point where I'm checking the vermilion bay forecast 2-3x per day. Seems like the cooler weather is on the way. I bet as long as you don't get hot and flat stuff, the action will stay good and the jumbos will start playing again. I gotta believe water temps may start coming down a bit if the highs are mid 70s, with nights at low to mid 50s.

I like what I am hearing/seeing...

Dan