www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Anyone catching fish?

Default Anyone catching fish?

I have not been out on the flowage for the past couple of weeks due to more knee surgery, but was wondering if anyone is doing any good on the Walleyes?

I do not think we have to share secret honey holes, but it would be nice if those having success or a lack there of, would post and let everyone know what is going on. I know Don Premble used to post a lot, but I have been informed that he has stopped his guide business. Too bad as there is a lot of water out there and it is always nice to know if others are finding fish or if new tactics are in order.

Just a thought

Tight Lines and be safe!

I was up last week and did very well. Caught just about every kind there is. From the pan fish, walleye, smallies, northern and ski's it was great. Loved the water level wish it would stay like that. Half crawler and jig took just about everything. Spinners did the rest.

I haven't fished out here since early June. Anybody have surface temps?
    Likely too hot for muskies, but I'd like to get myself into some topwater smallies starting next weekend.
    Andrew

Andrew:

We were on the Mannie Chain tonight and had one fish nip at the twin ten in the 8, only got the end of the tinsel though. Water temps were 79*.

Mark

Thanks Mark. Any particular water updates on the flowage itself?
    Andrew

Andrew, when you sign into this blog, at the top is a link to the water level . I gets updated once a week. Water level is really great for this time of year. right up their with in a foot of full pool. Its Great.

Andrew:

I had heard of some really warm temps, but we have had some cool nights, so hopefully those are on their way down. that 79 was last Thursday and we had 78 on the same body of water on Friday night. I did hear that water temps rose though on Sat., so still in the upper 70's and in some cases low 80's.

George is right as I am working in the Mercer area and have been hearing good fishing reports and great water levels for this time of year.

Mark

I was on the flowage for a couple hours in the afternoon on Sunday. The goal was to check out the weeds because of the calm conditions. Water temp at Springstead landing was 82 when we put the boat in and just under 79 when we left. The temps ranged from 78 to 82 but definitely lowered as the evening went on. The water level has come down in the past couple weeks to about 1 1/2 foot low according to the stick at the landing.

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

I talked to Don Pemble on August 1st, 2012. He is alive, well and still out fishing, but having computer problems and that is why he has not been posting. He told me he is still going with his old standby of a slowfall jig with a half crawler. Fishing has been tough with the hot weather, but he did well on Aug. 1st just before the thunder storm front moved through the area. He also said that he observed an unheard of event of another dreaded mayfly hatch. Thanks global warming!

Just got back from a week on the TFF. Worked hard for relatively few fish, mostly rock bass, bluegill and occaisional smallmouth.

Quite a change in the weather and water conditions in just a couple days... Put in early Friday afternoon with nearly calm water and surface temperatures around the 80 degree mark. Had 2 follows near some shallow weeds in Baraboo just minutes after a short chat with Flambeau Riverman (same spot, FR). One was fairly nice - mid-40s - while the other was smaller. The larger fish followed for a couple turns on a figure-8 but neither fish wanted to hit. Saturday was windy and the surface temperature had dropped to about 74. Didn't see anything all day. Back to Baraboo this morning, and the surface temp was down to 71 and I actually needed a windbreaker. Landed one chunky and energetic 38" fish right at moonset, and had another one follow a little while later - I could barely see that one due to a lot of sediment in the water, but it hung around long enough to check out the figure-8 then disappeared. May have been the same fish as Friday, as it was nearby and appeared to be similar in size. Neighbors were out Friday and did well fishing humps in the big water with worms on slip bobbers. Even before the wind picked up Saturday, visibility was poor due to a moderate algae bloom. I didn't see much worth photographing, but I did need to go up on the roof to check something and found the different perspective from up there was kind of interesting - I had a dark filter on to lengthen the exposure and smooth the water, but really only succeeded in blurring the trees in the wind...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2741.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	17621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2745.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	17622