www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Cabin 17 update

Default Cabin 17 update

Left steve & gail's on friday 7/20. Water temp's were starting to drop to the mid 70's which improved fishing . Large northern ( at least 3 ) + a 46 " muskie caught in moore bay area.
    Larger walleye were active in 20 - 25 ' @ starter , bunn , ferrier & pow.

Still catching large perch mixed in with 13 - 15 " walleye's. When i first arrived the fish felt warmer even in deep waters . Toward the end of my stay the fish were cold. Muskies becoming more aggressive . My brother ( according to michael ) had a 52 - 54 inch muskie hang onto a nice size northern all the way to the boat.

Water starting to see a algie bloom in pipestone but that should clean itself out in a week or so. Andrew humps producing morning & @ night. I personally think night fishing in witch bay is still excellent. My brother & i had no problem catching nice walleye's in the weeds .

i left the best to last. This years camp staff is the most accommadating i have ever seen. Food has always been above average but our new cooks are presenting new desserts , breads , salads etc.everyone has commented about the food & steve & gails new source for meat products.

Last 3 days i used plastic leech's but worms out fished plastic when jigging.

All for now !happy 69th birthday hank !

Cabin 17.

Thanks for the update Cabin 17! I'll be coming up next Wednesday for a week with our family and any information prior to the trip is appreciated.