www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: What a day

Default What a day

Hit the water today at 1100. First 10 minutes put a fat 41 incher in the boat right of the ramp. We then headed up to the water Levan Neck and fished the entrance to it. BAM, a beautiful 47 1/2 on a 6 inch crappie Slammer. Headed up to the far back side of Levan and found another 41 on a fire tiger bucktail. No other action so we decided to head west to Thompson Neck. First 10 minutes in Thompson and had 2 more in the boat. A small 29 incher and a 34 incher. Nothing for another 20 minutes. Decided then to troll SS shads through the no wake area all the way up to the end. 3 more fish but all small. Nothing over 31 inches. Blasted back to the water treatment area and started in Raymond. Holy crap I think every fish in Kinkaid came there. 5 more fish all on white and red spinnerbaits. 29,44,38,32,41 and a small 26. Over to Graff where we NAILED AN INCREDIBLE 47 3/4. Long fish but hardly any weight to it. Bet it didnt go 15 pounds. Had to get to work so we headed back at 200. Waiting for partner to back boat in I casted toward the ramp and got SLAMMED by a chunker 40 3/4. Checked my GPS and found that 80% of the fish came on the moon phases. I am off tomorrow so we are going to try it again. Might hit it around 6 or 7 to see if we can get that early morning bite.

Wow! Correct me if my count is off, but now there will be 16 less muskie for the rest of us(responsible muskie anglers) to enjoy catching this fall. Hopefully you're not for real.

Yeah thats a shame. Can't imagine the water temp right now. Those fish especially larger ones don't have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSKEES View Post
    Hit the water today at 1100. First 10 minutes put a fat 41 incher in the boat right of the ramp. We then headed up to the water Levan Neck and fished the entrance to it. BAM, a beautiful 47 1/2 on a 6 inch crappie Slammer. Headed up to the far back side of Levan and found another 41 on a fire tiger bucktail. No other action so we decided to head west to Thompson Neck. First 10 minutes in Thompson and had 2 more in the boat. A small 29 incher and a 34 incher. Nothing for another 20 minutes. Decided then to troll SS shads through the no wake area all the way up to the end. 3 more fish but all small. Nothing over 31 inches. Blasted back to the water treatment area and started in Raymond. Holy crap I think every fish in Kinkaid came there. 5 more fish all on white and red spinnerbaits. 29,44,38,32,41 and a small 26. Over to Graff where we NAILED AN INCREDIBLE 47 3/4. Long fish but hardly any weight to it. Bet it didnt go 15 pounds. Had to get to work so we headed back at 200. Waiting for partner to back boat in I casted toward the ramp and got SLAMMED by a chunker 40 3/4. Checked my GPS and found that 80% of the fish came on the moon phases. I am off tomorrow so we are going to try it again. Might hit it around 6 or 7 to see if we can get that early morning bite.

Sure man, 16 in in three hours. Keep dreaming troll.

Well, did i get some juices flowing...we can only dream what it could be like!!!!!!!!!