Fishing has still been excellent. Only drawback is that you really have to know the water. Some of the boats that do not fish alot are struggling a little. Our boats are still catching 50 to 80 plus fish per day. Big number of baitfish, so the walleyes are not feeding all day. The walleyes look very healthy, which is good to see. Night crawlers in 7 to 20 feet of water. we are still on Sharpe (been there all season). Fishing from Iron Nation to Lower Brule. Depends on the day and the guide boat. Also a decent bite from Kiowa to the dam. The guides are bringing on 14 1/2 to 20 inch fish with an occasional fish over 20.

Here is my fishing report starting from July 9th to today (July 18).

July 9th I had family out from Harley and Debuique (not spelled right), IA. We had an outstanding day. We caught between 60 and 70 fish. Quit fishing by noon. Limit of walleyes and get to see the Black Hills on the same day.

July 10th and 11th I had a group out from Kansas City and Lincoln. Don from Kansas City was out here 3 times in 4 weeks. We caught 175 fish in 2 days. Very nice limit!! Group has been out twice a year for the last 5 years. Already booked for next year.

July 12 I had 2 couples from Omaha and Kansas City. We had a very good day. Had to battle no wind (not good for walleye fishing). We caught between 55 and 60 fish, with a very nice stringer.

July 13 We had a family reunion from many states. 5 boats, with all boats limitting by noon. I had 4 women in my boat. A huge advantage. Women outfish guys over 80% of the time in our guide boats. Again battling calm weather and caught 60 to 65 fish by 12:30 p.m. My girls were from Jefferson City, MO, Sturgis, SD and Henderson, NV.

July 14-16 finally get some wind. I had a family out from Plattesmouth, NE. We caught 230 fish in 3 days. 14th was the best day (90). No wind on day 3 (60). Presley's first fishing trip. He was giving us fishing lessons by day 3.

July 17 I had a group out from Aurora and Cedar Rapids, IA area. First ever fishing trip. We fished until 11:45 and caught between 30 and 35 fish. They get limit of walleyes and Wall Drug on the same day.

Off today July 18th. It has been a good run. Start back out on the water tomorrow.

Until next time
Mike Allen