www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Dead Muskies?

Default Dead Muskies?

I've heard some reports of dead fish being found on the flowage- a 40 and a 50 in particular. Anyone have any insight on this?? Need some cool weather.

Usually if they have trouble getting them to revive, we see them bring them in to be mounted. I have not seen that. In any case, we as musky fishermen need to educate others on how to properly release muskies. The folks that have had their vacation reserved for a year up here are not going to stop fishing because it is hot and is extra stressful for the fish.

hopefully this isnt true, bummer if it is. i understand the point made by dreaming badger about people having a vacay planned for some time so it is hard to "not fish" even if water temps get real high--but please people just have the release tools at your feet and if the fish is picture worthy--have your camera man ready for the 5-10 seconds the fish is out of the water. although it is cool to show people pictures or pin your fish picture up to a bragging board i've always thought a true anglers best images are stored in his mind.

the flowage loses far too many fish every winter to spears. lets do our part to keep these fish swimming strongly for the next person to see (alive) or catch. hopefully this little front passing through helps the water temps come down a little bit in the next couple of days..

I haven't heard of any dead fish or seen any this year. I was out of town for a little while though. I did see a big walleye that was still alive but barely. I think it was just an old fish. It was long and skinny with a big head. They can't live forever I guess.

Eaither way don't over picture the fish and you'll be fine.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com