www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: How are the Flatlanders doin?

Default How are the Flatlanders doin?

How's the Ruhminator and Co. doing....? any bells to ding?

My hours are different so haven't talked to any of them since their 'opening ceremony'.Rumor is their numbers are so-so but some nice ones.Heard Steve got a 48 his first cast and a 50 his last cast yesterday.Sweet deal.
    I'll edit to add Frank is guiding day after day so he has no time to respond I suspect.I'll try get more info tomorrow.

OK,Steve was still here when I got in this morning.36 fish total as of this morning.Lots of quality fish,46-48s etc.His is the only 50 so far.
    Biggies were going this morning so suspect more good reports tonight.

awesome, congrats to Ruhmann!

Cool Midweek Report

15 qty 39" and under
    15 qty 40 to 45"
    10 qty 46 to 49"
    2 qty 50 plus (50.5" Ruhman / 53" Seuring)
    42 total fish

Wednesday was a slow day only 6 fish caught but Gene's 53 came today.

Numerous 50 inch fish being worked right now - hopefully they start to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    15 qty 39" and under
    15 qty 40 to 45"
    10 qty 46 to 49"
    2 qty 50 plus (50.5" Ruhman / 53" Seuring)
    42 total fish

Wednesday was a slow day only 6 fish caught but Gene's 53 came today.

Numerous 50 inch fish being worked right now - hopefully they start to eat.
    nice sully thanks for the update we have 15 total for our group with jason getting big fish so far at 48.5 and a few heartbreaks

thrown in on lost big fish .we are down to two boats also so a bit tough sledding !

So... now that Steve has broken the barrier, they're just going to start falling into the net for him like Pearson. Well Done! Well done indeed.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by s grabow View Post
    nice sully thanks for the update we have 15 total for our group with jason getting big fish so far at 48.5 and a few heartbreaks

thrown in on lost big fish .we are down to two boats also so a bit tough sledding !
    sorry dave carol got a 49.75 the first day before the rest of us got here so he has big fish right now. we got 5 more in our group today.one day left lets get them !

Default Last Day

Another tough day yesterday but we did manage a few fish with a 49, 47.25 and 46.5 in camp. 7 total fish caught. Last day...

Good job to the SG group - good luck today!

Final Results

Another slow day on Friday with only 6 fish caught and now monsters. Some folks were still workin Bell Ringers on Friday and one was hooked and lost. Total of 55 fish caught for the week. Average length was 42 inhces going into Friday. It dropped down a little bit in the end but I think it was still over 40 inches. Fishing definitely slowed down for us the last three day. Monday and Tuesday were are best days with 12 fish each day with lots of biggies. Beller ringers were seen by numerous boats but only two came to the party. Water temps ranged from 72.5 to 80.5 depending on the day / location. Rocks were the main attraction. Hats off to Baystore for their unparalleded hospitality and thank you to Jake for doing a great job. Gotta say it was even nice to see one other certain individual to remain nameless. Geez was that guy on some slobasoruses during the week! Had a blast thank you everyone! Sully

Sorry for the typos - still a bit tired from the trip and did not use spell check.

'Slobassorrusses'????
    Regardless,congrats on a great outing guys.Good group,good fishermen,good times.Heck even Sully behaved fairly well this time.

It was a great trip. My only regret (besides losing a bell-ringer) is that I never saw DP or Frank wear their special Flatlanders shirts. Maybe you two could pose and send us a photo.

-- Wally
    -- Wally

I wore mine. The day I took the boys out. Think it was a cooler day, and had a sweatshirt on all day. However, the curse did not last long. Now I can envision Dick wearing his. Coordinates well with pink panties. What a sick mind!!!
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Wally will try to get a pic for you but some neighbors are just difficult.
    And,my panties are red,not pink.Sheesh!

I can vouch for Frank..as for the other guy doing so may incriminate me in some manner that would result in a lifelong hardship of some kind I'm sure....just not worth it.

I had a great time as usual. The weather was pretty nice and we had a chance to fish new water, which was nice. We even got a few fish from the new spots. It was the first time for my partner, Craig, to fish this area. It was fun showing him all the places he has heard us talk about for years. Thanks to Frank, Laura and Jake for their hospitality. Thanks Dick for not mooning Sully, although we know you want to. I think the Thesson family may be hooked on the lake...they loved it and it was nice that they had success while there for the first time. I did find one rock that put a nice little bend in one of my prop blades. What a way to break in the new boat. Great trip.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by fishwizard View Post
    So... now that Steve has broken the barrier, they're just going to start falling into the net for him like Pearson. Well Done! Well done indeed.

Ryan
    Thanks Ryan, that is (2) in (2) consecutive trips to the Baystore. Thanks to Sully for posting the updates on our trip. Thanks to Laura and Frank again for their generous hospitality. The fishing was hot for our group the first (5) days then things slowed down. The number of big fish sighted was an all time high. Dave Jack had (2) 50 inch class fish up at one time. Saw one of the most awesome topwater strikes on Sully's 46, a double wake and then all I saw was teeth, gills and an explosion. Again Sully and I learned a lot and fished a ton of new spots. It is a shame it had to end. Good luck to those who are venturing up there. The Flatlanders will be there next year and then my gal and I will be back up (2) weeks after that. And just think is is only 50 weeks away !!!!