www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: st. clair info

Default st. clair info

Heading to St. Clair next week, any tips or advice on where to fish, launch boat, special boat specs. etc. would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Fred

Give me a call at 419-447-4751 or e-mail me at gsolomon@woh.rr.com and I will attempt to answer your questions. Holiday

Holiday, I just came back from fishing the Michigan waters of Anchor Bay, my buddy didn't want to purchase an Ontario license and there's plenty of water in Michigan to fish anyway. It sounds like Mr. Solomon will be able to answer all your questions to specifics concerning where you plan to fish and stay, the size of your boat, tackle needed, passports if going to Ontario, E-90 form for your boat, etc. The issue up there right now is water temperature, unfortunaetly, like it is down here also. If you stick to areas near the shippping channel on the main lake or any of the channels feeding Lake St. Clair from Huron and the St. Clair River you can find water from 75 to 78-degrees. It hit 100-degrees on tueday up there and I'm betting a lot of the area near the south shore of Ontario was easily over 80-degree water temperature. The main part of Anchor Bay was at 79-degrees and the St. Claire River was 75-degree plus which I heard is pretty unusual. If your going to Ontario there's a great City Ramp at Peche Isle area just out of the mouth of the Detroit River in Windsor that would let you acces the cooler waters near the shipping channel and the River. You would need to bursh up on the rules for crossing the international lines though if you plan on fishing the River proper. Wind direction will be your biggest concern after deciding where you plan to fish and the size of your boat. We launched in Michigan at the Harley Ensign Ramp in Anchor Bay but it's a 5-7 mile run depending on which channel mouth you might want to fish from there. Wind and storms gave us fits and limited our fishing time severely but I'm not complaining since I did land a 49" casting.