www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Taking a Break!

Cool Taking a Break!

There is no doubt that we have experienced some of the very best Great Lakes fishing right outside our doorstep all this year. I know my freezer is well stocked, and I'm well on my way to being set for winter. So, yesterday I decided to "Take a Break" and fish for pan fish. I went to Lake Menona with my good friend, JB.

To start with I "slept in" until 5 am. I grabbed a couple of rods, a small tackle box and some worms. (Lunch and something to drink is always with me also!) I met JB at 6 am, and we were at the water at 7. At 7:30 lines were in. First bite was within 30 seconds. It was a 7" blue gill and I threw it back (Big Expectations!) We fished for four hours.

Our final count was 32 fish kept (31 gills and 1 10+" perch). We also threw back at least 20 other fish. All the fish were caught with a small (1/16,1/8 oz) jig and worm. We anchored in 10' to start and drifted over 14-16' later. We always hugged the bottom. It was a fun filled, productive and very relaxing day.

I was glad to do something different and found myself recharged to catch something bigger than 8 oz real soon.

Enjoy the summer! I look forward to talking with you on the water!

All the Best,

Glory Days

Jim, you just have to rest your arms now and then, just stay off "My Boy" for a couple days.