www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fished on Monday, july 9

Default Fished on Monday, july 9

Hit the water at 4:30 an started at 55 ft. First hit is a 4 year old on a 60 yd on a razor burn. Downrigger got hit on a boy blue fly down 50. Dipseys not doing anything so I dropped both from 75 to 125. Boom, a double on both with boyblue flies I tie. Continued to fish that 60 to 80 contour to atwater beach. Two more doubles. Finished at 7:45 with 18----released 3 2 pounders that were lively. 6 4 year olds, 5 3 year olds and 3 small kings and an 8 pound rainbow down 79 ft on a rigger with a boy blue fly. I have been out with my rig 26 times this year and have 8 grand slams of which 4 came in one outing. I have had only 9 slams prior to this year since 77. Whew. This ismy first post of the year. Have fished 26 times and have caught 405 legal fish. What a year. Best bait has been the boy blue fly behind a white dodger wihout ribs on dipseys and two outside downriggers. Razor burn and bad toad moonshine steel baits were next best. The small razor burn with a copper back has been very good on browns inside the harbor and also outside for kings. The water is changing and it will be tougher fishing until we get rain and west wind.

It has been an unbelievable fishing spring and bit of summer. Last year was the best coho fishing since I started in 1976. What is on the horizon-----just memories of thelast two years . Hopefully not.

Be safe out there and stay cool.

MYBOY

Jerry

I am not a Junior---whats is up?

Jerry

Great report Jerry and congratulations on an unbelievable start to 2012. I still want to learn how you know what to use and how deep to run. Continued success!

All the Best,

Glory Days