www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Quick trip report July 1st-6th

Default Quick trip report July 1st-6th

Fished out of the NW Angle area July 1st-6th. Overall had a pretty decent trip with a fat 47, 43, 40.5 and 4 fish in the upper 30's. Saw plenty of fish especially early in the week on rocks and rock/weed combos. Moved most of the fish on small crankbaits during the day and topwater from sunset until dark. Most of the fish we contacted completely ignored bucktails of any flavor. We lost/missed more fish than usual which kept this from being one of our best trips ever.

Saw a couple of VERY big fish including a 50+ fish that my brother lost at the net. The hooks caught in the top of the net bag leaving the back half of the fish out of the net. The fish managed to twist and flop out as my brother dropped his rod and was diving to help. I had the beast pinned to the side of the boat for a second but couldn't get a grip on her jaw...ended up with my thumb in the corner of her mouth and some nasty cuts before she took off. A real heart-breaker to lose but even more motivation for next year.

Here is the 47"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	casey47.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	17400