Fishing has still been excellent. We are still catching 60 to 100 plus fish per day. Still doing our guiding on Sharpe. Has also been a decent bite from Crow Creek to the Dam. Fish size is running from 14.5 to 20 inches with an occasional fish over 20. Night crawlers have been the best. Some guys have also been pulling cranks.

Starting report from June 29th to today.

June 29th I had 2 women out from Norfolk, NE. We had an excellent trip. The gals caught over 80 fish. It was their best fishing trip ever. One had fished before and one had not fished muchz. They were glad they decided to come to Chamberlain. Will see you next year.

June 30th I had a group from Lincoln and Schuyler, NE. Excellent Fishing on a fairly windy day. We caught over 100 fish. A very nice stringer of walleyes. First fishing trip to South Dakota. Does not get any better.

July 1st I had a family out from Mitchell, SD. We had a fantastic time fishing. The group caught between 80 and 90 fish.

On July 2nd and 3rd I had a family from Algona, IA. Awesome 2 days of fishing. We caught over 200 fish. Ron showed us the way, oufishing us for both days. One of their best fishing trips. 2nd year in my boat, already planning their trip for next year.

Tubing with my 3 daughters and wife on July 4th. (I drove the boat, scary seeing me on a tube)

On July 5th I had a group out on their first fishing outing from Missouri Valley, IA area. We caught 65 fish by noon. Catherine showed us how to catch the fish. Pretty good weather and excellent fishing on their outing. This group also was talking about booking something for next year. Nothing is better than watching people that do not fish much or at all enjoy the outdoors and the hot walleye action.

July 6th I had 2 bikers from San Jose, CA. We caught over 100 fish. Also hooked into a monster carp. Figured in the 20 lb range. Great people to fish with. They got enjoy how good the walleyes taste also. They were going to cook fish on their way back also.

July 7th and 8th(today) I had a family out from Omaha, NE. We caught 80 fish on day 1, fished until 11:30 a.m. today and caught 40 (no wind today). First trip for the 2 youngest boys. All caught plenty of fish. It was a pleasure to fish with the boys. Like I said before, it is great satisfaction helping the younger generation get into our hot walleye action.

Until next time.
Mike Allen