www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Report 07/07/12

Default Musky Report 07/07/12

Daytime musky bite seems to be spotty right now. My good friend Aaron Templin boated a nice 43"er right on moon rise last night well after dark. Night fishing might be the better choice right now. My wife and I fished all day today on Cedar Lake (Mille Lacs was WAY to busy and we couldn't find a open trailer parking spot) and we only caught pike. We saw two muskies porpoise but none were interested. We also tried open water trolling but all the baitfish was scattered and over 20' down, so no luck. Couldn't stay to fish the night bite unfortunately. I am going to try heading out at daybreak tomorrow morning and see if that helps.

On another side note, a good friend of mine, Ryan Smith from Ohio emailed me a few days back looking for trolling advice. He followed it to the "T" and caught this 45" beauty (see pic below) on a 10" Jake over open water on an Ohio reservoir. I told him to try larger lures like Depthraiders and 10" Jakes (very few people use these in OH) and hit the main basin over open water, and he nailed it! Nice work, Ryan!!! Muskies are muskies, whether in Minnesota or Ohio and they like big cranks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ryan-45-cropped-web.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	17374  
    Tom Dietz Outdoors
    Web Site: http://www.tomdietz.com