Herbie,

At the risk of being sentimental, I just wanted to post something. A few weeks ago I bought a new computer, and I am in the process of transferring photos from the old computer to the new. I've organized them by trip date, and it's been a long process with years of photos. I am sitting here smiling...

Why am I smiling? Because it's like reliving all the great times, man. One thing stands out, everyone has a big smile. And the fun just comes through the photos. Whether it's me holding my 54" PB guided by you, or seeing my friends like Mike, Chuck, Donnie, Craig etc all holding big fish or PBs...everyone seems so happy. Yeah, sometimes we are out there toiling, and getting beaten down. Yet, when someone boats one of these magnificent fish, everything changes. It's all worth it, and it's part of our life story.

Thanks to everyone who makes this all possible. I miss ya guys...and I'll see ya soon, but as always, not soon enough.

Dan

PS: With some help from Mother Nature, and Eagle Lake willing...this IS the year for my buddy Mike to go over 50"+. I sense it coming...I have a promise to keep.