www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: update

Default update

Does anyone have an update on how the fishing is going this week? Planning on heading up starting the 4th for a few days. Would like to fish for walleyes and northerns/muskies. Best times? presentations? locations? You don't have to give a secret spot, but any general information would be helpful. In advance, thanks and good luck fishing!

Walleye fishing during daylight hours has been tough to say the least. It seems the mayfly hatch is finally over. Fish are moving to summer locations,but seem to be taking there time. Trolling bottom bouncers with crawler rigs is my best presentation, coving water. I move up and down the break lines till fish are located. May be 12 feet or down to 20 feet the wind is a major factor. The best bite is in the evening trolling crank baits again covering water and depths.

Muskies are on the move, weed beds are the best locations at this time. Buck tails, top water and jerk baits are all moving fish.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

My son and I were up on the east side of Leech and Pelican from Wed the 27th to Sunday. Had good wind days and had good calm evenings. Saw zero muskies and we fished hard early, middle and late on the North Bar, Battle Point, Pelican. Deep, shallow, topwaters, dawgs, suicks, reef hawgs, tubes, tails, swimbaits, cranks, emerging weeds, rocks. Had one great hit on the red rocks on a reef hawg. Caught a few northern on dawgs. Michael boated his first muskie on Inguadona, a cute little 27 incher. I liked Inguadona, first time there. True to form, Leech really doesn't give it up till after July 4. Emerging weeds look good and water temps seem high to me- 71 in the morning (excellent!) and consistently 76-77 for a high by 5pm. I'll be back August for 2 weeks- ought to be more consistent by then.
    djwilliams
    Ames, Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by djwilliams View Post
    My son and I were up on the east side of Leech and Pelican from Wed the 27th to Sunday. Had good wind days and had good calm evenings. Saw zero muskies and we fished hard early, middle and late on the North Bar, Battle Point, Pelican. Deep, shallow, topwaters, dawgs, suicks, reef hawgs, tubes, tails, swimbaits, cranks, emerging weeds, rocks. Had one great hit on the red rocks on a reef hawg. Caught a few northern on dawgs. Michael boated his first muskie on Inguadona, a cute little 27 incher. I liked Inguadona, first time there. True to form, Leech really doesn't give it up till after July 4. Emerging weeds look good and water temps seem high to me- 71 in the morning (excellent!) and consistently 76-77 for a high by 5pm. I'll be back August for 2 weeks- ought to be more consistent by then.

Hit West Bar, Submarine, and Two points. Didnt move a thing. Water is still very clear. Ended up casting for northern east of Bear and did OK.

Thanks guys! Sounds like it is tough going, but one thing I know - it will be fun being on the lake regardless!!!