The Musky fishing is starting to pick up now on Vermilion. This past week i've been seeing more fish and boated three muskys. We boated a 44",41" and a 37" all three of these fish were caught on bucktails along the weed lines. The fish in the weeds seem to be more active and are following baits much better than the fish i've been seeing off the rocks in big bay. The water temps in the smaller weedy bays are much warmer than the main area of the lake. The temps in the smaller weedy bays are hitting 70-73 degrees which is perfect for musky fishing. I've been throwing mostly smaller bucktails along the edges of weeds and docks. Out on the rocks i've been throwing pretty much the same thing with the occasional minnow type baits. I've seen some big muskys since the opener but just haven't gotten any to eat yet.. The bigger fish i have had follow a bait in have been 6-12 inches below the bait and about a foot behind the bait also. That should all start to change though with the water temps warmmering up. July should be a good month as it usually is. The walleye fishing is picked up once again. We've been catching walleyes out on the reefs on the main part of the lake. We've been using 3/8oz jigs tipped with a leech and a crawler harness. The walleyes we've been catching have been right off the reefs in about 22-25 feet of water. If you have any questions or would like to book a trip you can contact me at petruskasguiding@yahoo.com or give me a call at 218-780-2615. thanks. John.