Here we are the end of June already. Man it has been a busy month and time has been flying. Before you know it will be pheasant season again. Fishing has still been excellent. Everyday has been a little different, but so has been our weather. Been windy almost every day (except today). We are starting to see schools of baitfish on our graphs. A very good thing, we were starting to get a little worried.

We are still doing our guiding on Sharpe. Also have heard there is a decent bite in the crow creek area. Smallmouth have slowed, but the walleye bite is hot. Blame the smallies on chasing walleye fry in the shallows. Also have not been able to fish for them with the high winds every day. We are catching mostly 75 to 100 plus fish per day. Still coming in with nice 15 to 20 inch fish, with an occasional fish over 20. Crawlers have been the best with some fish biting on minnows.

Here is my report dating back to June 16th.

On the 16th and 17th, I had a group out from Nebraska City, NE. We had 2 excellent days, with more numbers on day 2. 156 fish in 2 days. Fished 2 different areas to get our limits.

On June 18th through the 20th I had a group out from Clinton, IA. We caught 338 fish in 3 days with possession limit of walleyes and 4 bass short of possession. Another excellent fishing trip. This group has been with me for 9 years. Earl's first trip with a 29 incher!! Getting it mounted. Nice Fish!! Will see you next year.

June 21 I had a group out from Lincoln, NE and Humboldt, SD. A little slower bite numbers wise, but very nice fish with most over 17 inches. We caught over 60 fish. We had a company group of 10 boats, with all getting their limits.

On June 22 and June 23 I had a group out from Carroll, IA. We had 2 boats, 6 guys. Between the 2 boats we caught over 260 fish. Again with many fish in the 17 to 19 inch range. One 23 incher also.

June 24 and 25th I had a family group of 2 boats from Adrian, MN. Very good fishing with some cooperation from the weather. Again the 2 boats caught over 400 fish in 2 days. Lots of action, lots of fun!! This group has been out 6 years and counting.

June 26th we had a company group of 6 boats from Minnesota. My boat caught 75 fish in a 30 mph+ wind. All boats caught their limits. Another excellent trip!! This group has been out with us since the 90's.

June 27th and 28th I had a group from Illinois and Lincoln, NE. 2 boats of 8 guys. We figured on day one that we caught almost 300 fish between the 2 boats. Wow what action. Today the 28th we caught 60 fish, limit (20) by 10:30 a.m. Already booked for next year. They have been out also since the 90's.

Until Next time.
Mike Allen