www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Kayak fishing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You should be fine kayaking on the TFF. Is it big? Of course. But it A) sounds like you've been doing this and are well prepared and B) are planning on camping and exploring and therefore probably won't be 3 miles across open water with a storm you didn't see coming keeping you pinned against rocks for 8 hours. As long as you're aware of the weather and don't try to cross a large expanse in 30 mph winds, there is no reason the TFF shouldn't be a great kayak-fishing lake. ss4o9 seems to be pretty successful at it up there.

My kayak I have is rigged just for fishing. Alittle common sence and good planning, makes fishing out of one a blast.

If I wanted to get up later this summer before it gets to cold to camp. When would be the best time to go . And also what baits and or lures are a favorite up there. I have a fishfinder on the kayak so finding structure is easy to do.

Depending on cold fronts and your camping equipment, you could easily go into September, maybe October depending on conditions, we've camped a few times into mid-September without problems.