www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Good resort

Lightbulb Good resort

Any helpfull ideas on where to stay with family, for next year. We are thinking maybe June?

Deadhorse Lodge has a kid friendly beach and nice cabins on the flowage. Stayed at Island View on the Fisher lake chain decent cabins and good burgers but no beach.

Try Joe Millers ... they also have a Website . http://www.joemillersresort.com/index.html .

You can never go wrong staying at Donner's Bay. Porky & Rozann are great people and it is a very kid friendly place.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

I called Donners Bay and they are already booked for next June unless they have somebody back out. Looks like a nice place.

Yeah, that's the problem with the good resorts. But you never know, someone may cancel.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Yeah, I know i got my name in just in case somebody backs out. We have been going to minn. for years, but i'm ready to try some place new. Maybe better fishing too. i want to get up there later this summer and camp out and just see what it is like. i have a friend that used to live in Mercer and still goes up ice fishing every year.

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Please take a look at www.flambeauvista.com or www.turtleflambeauflowage.com for lodging info.

Joe Miller's is a good choice- nice swimming beach, they recently remodled the insides of the cabins. They have a small area for kids with swings, etc. The bar is small time and is not crowded with the normal bar crowd so taking a kid inside for ice cream while you have an adult beverage is cool. Family run since the flowage was created.