www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: June 24th and 25th report

Default June 24th and 25th report

We've had some slow periods and some good periods in the last two days. We ended up with three fish Sunday and Monday with two low forty inch fish being the largest. We caught them on a Bulldawg, a glider , and a Pacemaker. Try making a pattern out of that!

We actually had most of our action on Corey Meyer's bucktails but lost all of those fish. Green, copper, brass, and orange blades have worked on Corey's bucktails. In other words, they have all been producing. Yesterday we didn't have any action until about 4:00PM and then the fish started going good.

Water temps were between 72 and 78 degrees yesterday but were a little inflated with the calm hot air.

Good Luck,
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Ty can u post a picture of Cory Meyers bucktails. What makes them special that you have switched to them?

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Perry View Post
    Ty can u post a picture of Cory Meyers bucktails. What makes them special that you have switched to them?

Ray
    What Ray said, and more importantly, where can we pick a few up ?

The "Corey Meyer" bucktails are actually called Flowage Boa's. These are available at D&B Bait and Tackle, The Landing and Ross's Tackle in Phillips. They are a shallow water lure made with #8 .018 Colorado blades in single blade and double blade models. It is a thin tied marabou tail with coil over wire versus a brass body and the only weight is an eighth ounce egg sinker in front of the rear tie. Below are the standard colors I have at the locations listed and a copy of my business card if anyone wants to get ahold of me.

Thanks.

Corey Meyer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 chartreuse boa.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	17141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 green boa.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	17142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 grey boa.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	17143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 orange boa.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	17144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 red boa.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	17145  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BIZ CARD.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	17146  

Boa's have been my "go to" bait since the opener. They are easy to cast, easy to keep high or low in the water column and transition into a figure-8 with no problem at all. The other thing I really like about them is that they're just a little longer than the average bucktail which seems to make the marabou really come alive.

Thanks a bunch for the info Corey, would guess one of the special things about them is the lighter blade which would flare out more and make great vibration, and not beat someone up like a double ten.

Quote Originally Posted by muskymeyer View Post
    The "Corey Meyer" bucktails are actually called Flowage Boa's. These are available at D&B Bait and Tackle, The Landing and Ross's Tackle in Phillips. They are a shallow water lure made with #8 .018 Colorado blades in single blade and double blade models. It is a thin tied marabou tail with coil over wire versus a brass body and the only weight is an eighth ounce egg sinker in front of the rear tie. Below are the standard colors I have at the locations listed and a copy of my business card if anyone wants to get ahold of me.

Thanks.

Corey Meyer
    What an excellent post, Corey ! Really, really interesting. That's a very light weight bucktail, easy to run up high I reckon. Love the grey one, but I bet that green blade/black green lure is a winner. Thank you !

How does the marabou hold up? I have started going away from marabou the past couple of years because the last few marabou baits I have bought have lost the marabou with very little use.

Brad

Brad,

That was a concern of mine when I started making them a few years ago, and still is today for that matter. These are hand tied by myself, and when I say hand tied I mean with a forceps and vise with cement inside and out on the wraps. You should not notice a loss of feathers casting these lures until you catch fish on them. Then depending on teeth cutting feathers and/or wraps you could start to lose feathers . . . . but that is a good thing I guess.

Thanks

Corey

I expect to loose some when I catch a musky on a lure, but the other marabou lures started loosing the marabou before a fish had even touched them. I'll buy one next time I up to the Flowage and try it out. Thanks for the information Corey.

Brad

so the power of the ty sennet web site has struck. As i figured d+b tackle was sold out. Corey here is to hoping you can deliver like a triple order friday, so i might actually get a couple baits. fishing report, i hate sunny hot weather.

I would check Hermans, they should have most of the colors in single and double blade models unless there has been a rush. I will be delivering more to D&B Friday later in the day, don't think I can get her whole order done but am hoping to have a few of each color.

Corey