This is by far the busiest time of year in the northwoods and there are tons of visitors around. There are a lot of folks who don't really spend much time on the water in their "normal" life and really don't know the limits of what you can and can't do. I've seen some people out in some pretty heavy water in little kayaks or canoes getting bounced around like a cork in a toilet bowl. Also seen swimmers way out in a lake far away from designated swimming areas or where you expect them to be. Twice I've observed pontoon boat renters heading straight for rock bars like the Titanic on a date with the iceberg. Here's the point, as boaters we all have to take responsibility for our actions behind the wheel. It only takes seconds to make errors that could be costly. I know most of us try really hard to do the right thing but with as much goofy stuff going on as we have during peak tourist season it only makes sense to pay a little extra attention. If you see somebody having difficulty take a minute to see if they need a hand. Hey, it's just good mojo and who knows when the next time is that you'll be on the receiving end of some kindness. Take care and be safe out there.