www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: T.F.F. Update

Default T.F.F. Update

Sorry about no fishing reports lately, but been having serious computer problems. Hopefully all solved now.

Now to fishing, ever since the biggest mayfly hatch I have ever witnessed, at least two weeks since they first popped up, fishing has gradually picked up and the walleye are moving about and are on a fairly decent bite. The last week has seen a decent bite but not one that could be described as good, and that was due to fish movement and locations. Yesterday for example was a day where different weather conditions produced different fishing results and it was all in reverse to what it should be. AM hours were cloudy with a decent breeze and fishing was sort of on the slow side, one eye here and one eye there along with a gill or perch in between. Afternoon hours were mosty off and on clouds mixed with hot temps and zero winds, but we found the majority of eyes during this time. The AM eyes were picked up in various depths and were relating to submerged timber, the PM eyes were scattered but on a real good bite in 10 to 12 feet of water over mud bottom. Reeves weedless jigs tipped with a small piece of crawler did the trick, many of the eyes had mouths full of the small sand leeches so we kept our crawlers on the small side to try and match.

Heading out tomorrow if weather permits, will keep you posted.
    Don Pemble

I am about to order some of Reeve's jigs to try to fish this body of water for the first time but I was curious what is the most commonly used jig size? I am curious whether I use a 1/16 oz jig, a 1/8 oz jig, or a 1/4 oz jig. Thank you for your help.

1/16th and 1/8th
    Don Pemble

Don, When you talk about 'submerged timber' or that the eye's are 'tight to wood' are you talking about stump fields or areas where logs are actually lying on the bottom? Thanks

Both stumps and downed timber.
    Don Pemble

Don,
    Thank you for taking my friends and I out on Friday morning. Each of us had a blast and we are already looking for dates in May to come up for another week of fishing and camping. We also would like you to guide us once again. We hope to become the second version of the "Flambeau Busters", and make it up each and every year for as long as we can make it.
    Thank you

we'll be taking our annual trip up to Mercer area this week. I know it can vary from area to area, but what types of water temps are people finding? thanks

Upper 60's
    Don Pemble

cool, thanks Don